Герои Уничтоженных Империй  
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Heroes of Annihilated Empires » Help & Support » Graphics Problems with H.O.A.E (Please, help me!)
Graphics Problems with H.O.A.E
AstronomicŭsDate: Sunday, 2016-04-03, 4:10 AM | Message # 1
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Hi,
My name is Jürgen, I’m Italian and I’ve got a Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with 8G of RAM.
My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, my processor an Intel Core i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz

Five years ago I had a Windows XP and there weren’t problems with the game until I’ve
changed it with a Windows 7.
I’ve always looked for a solution surfing on the Net, but all of them has always failed.
A month ago I retried again, I reinstalled the game, then I installed the Advanced 3D Patch
(that one with D3Degine.dll and startengine.exe because after theinstallation there weren’t),
I set up startengine.exe compatible for Windows XP (Service Pack 3) with “Run as Administrator” checked.

After that I installed the Italian DVD Patch 1.1 and I started the game, but:
1) after disk control a message appeared and said:
Warning! Video memory is low! (-87 M) It is possible that video memory is not configured properly.
Please restart computer and set AGP Aperture size =256 MB or more in BIOS configuration program.
Usually you can enter BIOS configuration utility by pressing ‘DEL’ while computer restarts.
2) then the game started, but I couldn’t see beginning videos and read a single letter (the words
were absent!), plus some small parts of screen were replaced with pieces of sky!
In spite of everything I managed to play but was too terrible, moreover the game crashed after an
hour of playing or when I started a second match after one concluded!

I’ve thought that the fault was of the operative system.

Yesterday I installed in a second hard disk Windows XP (Windows XP Professional ServicePack 3 with
3,47GB of RAM), then H.O.A.E. and the Italian DVD patch 1.1.
The video card was always the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660.
Unfortunately when I started the game there were some problems: the same as the other Windows,
on the contrary the message, that has appeared, has said:
Warning! Video memory is low! (-2147 M) It is possible that video memory is not configured properly.
Please restart computer and set AGP Aperture size =256 MB or more in BIOS configuration program.
Usually you can enter BIOS configuration utility by pressing ‘DEL’ while computer restarts.

NowI think that the fault isn’t of the operating system: the H.O.A.E. problems on
Windows 7 are the same
as XP, maybe of thevideo card because it is the same for both, the audio is perfect but thegraphics are of terrible quality.
Could theproblem be the processor?
As
compensation beginning videos are visible on XP, but the rest is identical to Win7.

Please,
may you help me? I’m in despair over it!

P.S.
If it’s necessary I can send some photos of game screen.

Message edited by Astronomicŭs - Sunday, 2016-04-03, 6:58 PM

Forum » Heroes of Annihilated Empires » Help & Support » Graphics Problems with H.O.A.E (Please, help me!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned