Герои Уничтоженных Империй  
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Heroes of Annihilated Empires » Help & Support » "delsync" appears during multiplayer, isolates players/games (synchronisation multiplayer problems)
"delsync" appears during multiplayer, isolates players/games
hijntjeDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-09, 0:41 AM | Message # 1
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 0
me and a friend were trying to do some multiplayer over lan, from the start we constantly got this "delsync" message but we ignored it,
everything went fine until we were like 30 minutes in the game, and my friend asked me why i was still standing at the spawnpoint doing nothing.
When i went to his hero, i saw the same thing... none of us appeared to receive anothers hero/user actions, so for each of us it would look like the other player did nothing from the start.

We both have the 1.0 non-steam version of the game, we connected a WIN7 to a XP system through 300n WiFi, and on the second try 1Gb/s ethernet.

FlameMasterDate: Saturday, 2013-01-12, 10:53 PM | Message # 2
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
Ah! This is infamous in almost all gsc rts games :P

This appears because the game versions mismatch, i.e, you have a file that is modified somehow or new compared to the file your friend has and this throws in the error. I once got this in a game with a friend. We both reinstalled and upgraded to patch 1.1 . It worked fine afterwards...Try that and tell me, or simply try a reinstall smile

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

TeslaDeCastakaDate: Sunday, 2013-01-13, 6:23 AM | Message # 3
Apprentice
FlameMaster thanks for the advice!

..even whit the patch1.1 the 3Dpatch and the modRoS, i and my group of friend still suffer that damned DELSYNC in LAN multiplay..we have the same copy installation whit the same patch applied, BUT, one thing possible is different or at least make the mismatch of some sort of file : the Protection System ; we use a original copy buyed at a shop after a month or two the game is released, but for not too much useless job of the CD/DVDdrive (most of us have a portable pc) we use a CRACK after installation (that almost here in italy the utilization is totally legal for software owned, just for the sake of cd drive), the use of crack before the ProtSystem install the libraries allows to skip that.

Then you think the libraries of the ProtSystem are necessary? or that it is necessary none of us do not have equally installed??
In other words : the protection system installed or not create the delsync do you think?

We remain hopeful waiting for your lights, oh great lord of burning element..

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2013-01-13, 10:39 PM | Message # 4
Archmage
We remain hopeful waiting for your lights, oh great lord of burning element..

rofl :P

the protection system installed or not create the delsync do you think?

I do not know about laws in Italy, so I am not going to probe on the legality issues. The protection system has become pain during the Win 7 era. It might be the protection system dlls that mismatch at times, but I don't think the game has anything to do with those dlls. Infact I think its the engine.exe that's the problem, with starforce somehow your engines are different and this throws up the error. If its legal and you have a your own copy I don't see why you shouldn't use a crack but if its not I take no responsibility! I wonder how the delsync occurs with the mod, because the mod terminates the protection system completely and does not need the "startengine.exe" or its "d3dengine.dll".

Whichever way, delsync means "File version/content mismatch". Sometimes it could be changes in the map of a player or sometimes it can even be a dll or even a small .txt file. This makes prediction of what went wrong hard so long as I do not know how the directory was modified! Try your method and tell me the result, if it fails, reinstall and try it, it may also be some of the other players who may have a file they mismatched.

Peace smile

TeslaDeCastakaDate: Monday, 2013-01-14, 11:55 PM | Message # 5
Apprentice
me and friend try out your advice
we will then tell the forum how it went

FlameMasterDate: Monday, 2013-01-14, 11:57 PM | Message # 6
Archmage
Okay then smile

Forum » Heroes of Annihilated Empires » Help & Support » "delsync" appears during multiplayer, isolates players/games (synchronisation multiplayer problems)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned