Герои Уничтоженных Империй  
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Heroes of Annihilated Empires » General » Hail (Chill race)
Hail
NekronDate: Sunday, 2010-06-06, 2:54 AM | Message # 1
Apprentice
Group: Testers
Awards: 2
Hey all,

First of all i am very glad to have found such site with such people.I really love this game.

Ok,i would like somehow to complain.All races have weaknesses,special strenghts e.t.c.But i believe that Cryo race,hasn't enough advantages.All their units can be countered,but they cannot counter all units.Especially in a battle of Elfs and Cryo race.Elfs just throw a horde of piercing archers,and encounters any "big unit" with pierce resistance of the Cryo race,with masses of centaurs and stuff.Conjurers have good radius and have the trick for the archers.Alas if a bunch of any melee units comes near him,he is defensless.I can't say Enchantresses,if used good,can be just perfect to kill enemies since they have an enough good magical area damage with effect and extensive crushing damage,but these poor ladies can be put down easily by range(and in some situations by impact).

So my point is..is it just me,or the Cryo race is more vunrable than all the other races?

Thank you for reading,and hope there will be salvation to my worries surprised

Death from Life and Life from Death.

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2010-06-06, 3:31 AM | Message # 2
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
Here comes thine salvation, dead guy :P .

- Cryo Race has a special Winter spell ability that can be used to freeze a country whole. Check it out. smile .
- For this you must build all the "Spell Tower" or whatever I named it then...

- Cryo Race specializes in defense and not in offense, henceforth, I would ask you to repeat these fights inside the iceland and report the results before I can confirm such a balance issue
- As for Enchantresses and Conjurers, I'll take a look smile

Thank you so much for reporting this issue. Good job.

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2010-06-06, 3:34 AM | Message # 3
Archmage
Ahum! Incase I forgot to mention, these things apply only to the mod, for the vanilla game - there is no fix other than the "Winter Spell" research which improves the HP of all Ice units by 25% or so. Which can make a mammoth a real mammoth.

NekronDate: Sunday, 2010-06-06, 3:43 AM | Message # 4
Apprentice
As soon as i am sure for the results of the first options,i will report them.
And since they specialize in defence why they fall apart in many cases,more than usual?(i am pretty sure there is something around here i don't realize)
One more thing..Enchantresses are practical with alternative attacks,they appeal you to train hordes of them,but the damned enemy,can withstand them.Worst enemies for Enchantresses are the stupit Elven archers,the wicked ghosts and the !Coward!,yet (affective) and (strong) undead Liches.
Anyway,i shall reconsider and have a look.Thx.

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2010-06-06, 3:54 AM | Message # 5
Archmage
rofl...that is the funniest description of game I heard, a funny one was given once by a home tester who grew tired of the 'Pegasus Arrow Rain' and 'Unicorn Building Destroyer'.

And since they specialize in defence why they fall apart in many cases,more than usual?(i am pretty sure there is something around here i don't realize)

Defense applies only when they are on their land, not out to beat the enemy. But if they are weaker than normal, then there is an obvious balance issue which could mean lots of work...

One more thing..Enchantresses are practical with alternative attacks,they appeal you to train hordes of them,but the damned enemy,can withstand them.Worst enemies for Enchantresses are the stupit Elven archers,the wicked ghosts and the !Coward!,yet (affective) and (strong) undead Liches.

rofl... you sure you did all the researches? Yeah, Liches are pretty strong, I mean a Lich wave by Undead AI is called an 'Ultimate wave', its like a walking nuke for units without 'Magic immunity ability', won't work with the Mechanics though. Yeah they are cowards, I know....lol. When using ranged units, keep the infantry infront of them, especially if you have Archers or use a meat shield special unit. Ghosts go down fast with magic, try making use of that 'Cryomancer' from the Altar. Also, the AI is programmed for kicking ass and carnage - so it could get ugly at times.

Anyway,i shall reconsider and have a look.Thx.

smile .Welcome.

NekronDate: Sunday, 2010-06-06, 4:02 AM | Message # 6
Apprentice
I cannot say.Such uprgade to such units are very helpfull.
Also about the mod thing,it's pretty much the same,since all races get new stuff and bonuses.

Added (2010-06-06, 4:02 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Of course i did all researches for my dear Enchantresses and all.It;s just that a bunch of liches,with that GOD DAMNED aura,is like undoing your researchs,and lowers,even zeroes your defences parameters:(

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2010-06-06, 4:05 AM | Message # 7
Archmage
I cannot say.Such uprgade to such units are very helpfull

I mean, there are upgrades for the Cryo Race that focuses on increasing their Defense - even in Vanilla game. These can make all the difference. So if you didn't do them, then that could explain the weak units. hmmm...weird

Also about the mod thing,it's pretty much the same,since all races get new stuff and bonuses.

Yeah but the mod changes the balance of the game. So each race gets unique bonus.
- Undead -> Diversity
- Sols -> Offense
- Cryo -> Defense
- Mechanics -> Escape, Unique SP units.
- Elves -> Extra Magic and Choice

I'd recommend checking them all out smile .

NekronDate: Sunday, 2010-06-06, 4:11 AM | Message # 8
Apprentice
okok
I reconsider all stuff,and try to work it out.*Cheers*

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2010-06-06, 4:15 AM | Message # 9
Archmage
If Liches are troubling you, then get all your Yotuns and Ice Golems (They are Magic immune), use your conjurers and Enchantresses as backup. Don't forget to switch on Yotun's Melee and see 'em fly.

Post me the results smile . I gotta get some sleep now, too late here closedeyes
Cheers

NekronDate: Sunday, 2010-06-06, 7:08 PM | Message # 10
Apprentice
ok,i am just gona express some opinions.
For undead-liches lower life and slightly slower.big units a bit more high cost.
Cryo race-enchantress should get back their original radius,and for Conjurers,maybe lower a bit their piercing resistance,and higher magical resistance.Cryomance for the love of god,kinda better attack rate pronto!
Elfs-lower of course archers damage,and all elven folk in return,have more piercing resistance.Elder have one spell less,cause he is like a hero that way.
Mechanicans-Don't really have anything for them.
Also i would like to ask....the shots of the guns of mechanics,shots of the Encahntresses and Conjurers,arrow of the archers elfs and liches shots...Some are hoiming to the target,others instant at range and others can be avoided.This is some kind of balance right?

Added (2010-06-06, 7:08 PM)
I also spotteted that due to some items that lowered my max mana,if it goes below zero,it goes max mana(and i got a screenshot of it)19421/65461,which makes no sence.If that thing fixed in any patch?

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2010-06-06, 9:02 PM | Message # 11
Archmage
For undead-liches lower life and slightly slower.big units a bit more high cost.

Agreed! HP can be lowered. No cost increments needed, as they consume Crystals for each shot/fire

Cryo race-enchantress should get back their original radius

What happened to their radius now?
Hmm...I'll have to look up the balance sheets for the defense adjustments, just to see against which units Conjurers are balanced besides Priests.

Cryomance for the love of god,kinda better attack rate pronto!

Myea! He is kinda too weak now that I look into it, maybe a bit more powerful spell powers can do some magic. The problem with its Attack Rate is that, its attack can slow a hero or unit by 75%, so any increment to that can be very serious to other parts of the game.

Elfs-lower of course archers damage,and all elven folk in return,have more piercing resistance.

O.o That's gonna be quite a change because their damages are balanced by the vanilla game. All I increased was their "Attack Rate".

Elder have one spell less,cause he is like a hero that way.

His other spell is in development along with a special ability for elves to teleport their buildings smile .

Mechanicans-Don't really have anything for them.

Yeah well me neither, maybe teleport buildings should be rightfully theirs.

Also i would like to ask....the shots of the guns of mechanics,shots of the Encahntresses and Conjurers,arrow of the archers elfs and liches shots...Some are hoiming to the target,others instant at range and others can be avoided.This is some kind of balance right?

Hmm I never looked into their balance actually, because they only make difference to Heroes and SP units. I would need to get feedback on the trouble this can cause before I can readjust that.
Besides, Lich = Aura - No Homing
Rifleman = no Sp ability - Homing
Conjurers = weak, slow, slow training time - Homing + Frost
Enchantress = weak - No Homing + ability

I also spotteted that due to some items that lowered my max mana,if it goes below zero,it goes max mana(and i got a screenshot of it)19421/65461,which makes no sence.If that thing fixed in any patch?

Hmm, yeah I noticed it once, It needs to be fixed. Thanks for informing this. Now if I can get Xeno back, I can release a fix. smile .

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into the balance
Peace.

NekronDate: Sunday, 2010-06-06, 10:17 PM | Message # 12
Apprentice
Just one thing,i want the Encahntresses radius back,cause it's too short,and most ranged units have way higher radius,so they can reach them,but enchantresses cannot reach them.

Thx alot for giving salvation to my worries biggrin

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2010-06-06, 11:46 PM | Message # 13
Archmage
Just one thing,i want the Encahntresses radius back,cause it's too short,and most ranged units have way higher radius,so they can reach them,but enchantresses cannot reach them.

All right, I can adjust that. smile .

Thx alot for giving salvation to my worries

Does that mean that you are going to heaven now Nekron dude tongue ?

NekronDate: Monday, 2010-06-07, 3:00 AM | Message # 14
Apprentice
Nobody really knows,nobody really cares.I am just a bunch of bones you know:P

Added (2010-06-07, 3:00 Am)
And something else,can i upload screenshots of different situations at game,or i don't have the...ahm...authority(?)

FlameMasterDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-08, 0:08 AM | Message # 15
Archmage
Nobody really knows,nobody really cares.I am just a bunch of bones you know:P

Good that you accept it at last, now prepare for the feiry hunters... tongue

And something else,can i upload screenshots of different situations at game,or i don't have the...ahm...authority(?)

Upload 'em, you can freely do that, especially now since you have the 'authority'. smile . Great Screenshots get great points.

Forum » Heroes of Annihilated Empires » General » Hail (Chill race)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned