Герои Уничтоженных Империй  
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Rise of Sols » Help & Support » Map Editor - No hills and heightmap when loading map in Orig (No hills, cliffs and heightmap when loading map in Org. game)
Map Editor - No hills and heightmap when loading map in Orig
OnchantDate: Tuesday, 2013-10-01, 1:43 AM | Message # 1
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hey Guys

I've made this amazing map using RiS Map Editor. I've tested it in RiS and everything works fine when playing. The problem is when I copy the mapfile into my original gamefolder as I like the keeping of spells and such of the original game. But when I start the map all hills and cliffs I've made are gone. All the units and buildings I've put up on the hills and cliffs are just on plain ground. Theres no heighmap now?
What do I do?

Thanks

Added (2013-09-30, 4:29 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I did not use the generator in the start but I dont hope that is it? Cause if I do now it will screw up my whole map with cliffs and hills and such. I did the CTRL + X, Illuminate, Simplyfi and everything else. But no solution

Added (2013-09-30, 4:40 AM)
RiS = RoS

Added (2013-10-01, 1:42 AM)
This map

Added (2013-10-01, 1:43 AM)
http://www.speedyshare.com/2nUQY/Jesper1.m3d - To Download my map Jesper1

FlameMasterDate: Tuesday, 2013-10-01, 4:12 AM | Message # 2
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
Ah nice to see you working on a map. smile
You see, RoS uses the HoAE2 engine where they altered the surface dramatically however they made it back compatible. i.e,
One can play HoAE 1 maps in HoAE 2 engine but maps made using HoAE 2 engine can only be played in HoAE 2 engine.

If you use generator on a map in HoAE 1 and then load it in RoS and then mod, taking it back wouldn't cause many problems (although assuming you don't use any RoS features on that map)
Also you can generate a map in HoAE 1 and then edit its terrain in RoS and reload it back in HoAE 1 and it would work fine too but generating in RoS and taking it back to HoAE 1 will simply not work (I need to do some experiments before I can say 100%, but looking at the engine source code I am 95% sure it won't work and I cannot do any expts as of now because one of my HDDs failed)

Peace smile

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

OnchantDate: Thursday, 2013-10-03, 2:51 PM | Message # 3
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Oh so theres no way around that I have to redo everything from scratch? Damn spend so much time on those hills to place nice things on top.

Okay so if I load a HoAE 1 map, delete everything and making the whole terrain plane, then start making hills, texture and placing units and items it should work when playing HoAE 1? Are there any mapeditor included in the original game? Or can I make this with the RoS editor?

Thanks alot for your reply and indeed this is an amazing game. I dont understand why this isnt worked more on. I dont get that this game hasnt gotten more attention then it has. I found it on some forums as people asked for a new RPG/RTS game but never heard of it before. This is sooo much fun and decent gameplay for whatever you like to play which makes it very unique. Just wish my newly made map would work somehow as I've just spend 5 days with almost no sleep on it biggrin

Added (2013-10-02, 7:37 PM)
I've tryed to load Blood Streams (7) now to modify hills and such. But when I make new hills or cliffs its not loaded and just plain ground when playing HoAE 1... How do I make that happen?

Added (2013-10-02, 7:50 PM)
How can all those fan made maps be with hills and such when I play HoAE 1, if I can't make that using RoS editor? I see no editor in the original game...?

Added (2013-10-02, 7:53 PM)
The weird thing is that I can smooth the whole map making it plain but it wont load any deforms I've made neither downwards as water nor upwards as hills...

Added (2013-10-03, 2:51 PM)
FlameMaster, Any help? smile

FlameMasterDate: Thursday, 2013-11-14, 3:13 AM | Message # 4
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
Sorry I didn't see your post

In the original game, when in the main menu, hold Ctrl Key and click near the "A" in the "Heroes of Annihiliated Empires" title. It should open up the map editor smile

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

Forum » Rise of Sols » Help & Support » Map Editor - No hills and heightmap when loading map in Orig (No hills, cliffs and heightmap when loading map in Org. game)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned