Герои Уничтоженных Империй  
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Bugs in version 3.5 (A list of bugs related to version 3.5)
Bugs in version 3.5
mortesDate: Monday, 2010-02-01, 10:08 PM | Message # 31
Apprentice
Group: Testers
Awards: 1
i don't know if someone told you already,but sol's hero mage(arcbishop) can't take anything that is in the ground be it items or spells (he just stays there doing an summoning animation)

FlameMasterDate: Monday, 2010-02-01, 10:11 PM | Message # 32
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
He can take them after that animation. I fixed it a while ago, but never went round to releasing a patch! I was just testing the "pickupitem" animation parameter and I accidentally put it in the release!

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

mortesDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-03, 5:18 AM | Message # 33
Apprentice
This one is a game breaker for both cryo race and dwarfs,apparently they can't get food(because they have no workers),2 pens don't generate any food at all(building more just keep the grow in a stalemate,meaning 0 food per sec)so in due time you'll lose the game because you don't have food to create units.Also i noticed with elves,that after a while you lose 1 food(although they can negate this thanks to workers collecting food),you keep losing and losing.

I think both these bugs are related to each other,since you'll be losing food after a few secs(i don't know about sols,i need to test them yet).

Added (2010-02-03, 5:18 Am)
---------------------------------------------
sorry for double post,but i found 3 bugs(i think they are)

-the sol's temple(the one with the priest outside),the priest keep spinning nonstop in portrait of both the builder and building
-necrolytes can start building,but after they leave and the building isn't finished,they can't continue building it(although necromancers can,infact necrolytes serve only to plant the building)
-sometimes,my necromacers inside the mines would die,making me having to train more of them.
edit:the necromancers problem it is very serius,after sometime you can't put ten necros in a mine,in 10 secs half of them dissapear(this bug seems to get worse with time)

Message edited by mortes - Wednesday, 2010-02-03, 7:50 AM

FlameMasterDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-03, 5:09 PM | Message # 34
Archmage
This one is a game breaker for both cryo race and dwarfs,apparently they can't get food(because they have no workers),2 pens don't generate any food at all(building more just keep the grow in a stalemate,meaning 0 food per sec)so in due time you'll lose the game because you don't have food to create units.Also i noticed with elves,that after a while you lose 1 food(although they can negate this thanks to workers collecting food),you keep losing and losing.

This is a feature - All nations except undeads consume food, It increases with number of units. If you loose all food - FAMINE strikes. You need to work hard at keeping a constant food level.

the sol's temple(the one with the priest outside),the priest keep spinning nonstop in portrait of both the builder and building

A silly bug! I was testing how the game handles units graphics in icons. I'll fix it.

necrolytes can start building,but after they leave and the building isn't finished,they can't continue building it(although necromancers can,infact necrolytes serve only to plant the building)

Just order Necrolytes to walk near the building and they will start building. I'll correct this.

the necromancers problem it is very serius,after sometime you can't put ten necros in a mine,in 10 secs half of them dissapear(this bug seems to get worse with time)

This is a serious bug! I'll look into this. I once fixed it....now its back on again.

Thanks for the feedback! You rock! smile

mortesDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-03, 11:25 PM | Message # 35
Apprentice
A new bug,the Sol's prisons housing seems like it isn't working after the second one(instead of having 400 housing with 4 prisons,you'll have only 200)
Also,the cryo frost tower has something unusual(don't know if it is a bug or a feature),it has a fireball spell(also noticed pyro mancer has a eye of lighting spell)

FlameMasterDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-03, 11:31 PM | Message # 36
Archmage
A new bug,the Sol's prisons housing seems like it isn't working after the second one(instead of having 400 housing with 4 prisons,you'll have only 200)

Prison only gives 55 living places. The description is wrong. I'll correct it...infact all descriptions are shoddy so I need to redo 'em all!

Also,the cryo frost tower has something unusual(don't know if it is a bug or a feature),it has a fireball spell(also noticed pyro mancer has a eye of lighting spell)

Pyromancer has eye of lightning, that is a feature - which spell would you like?
Fireball? OMG! gotta look at that!

mortesDate: Thursday, 2010-02-04, 2:28 AM | Message # 37
Apprentice
Quote (FlameMaster)

Pyromancer has eye of lightning, that is a feature - which spell would you like?
Fireball? OMG! gotta look at that!

i would expect a fire based faction to have something fiery instead,but it is your choice(although it would make more sense if he had another spell with him,a fire based one)

FlameMasterDate: Thursday, 2010-02-04, 6:05 PM | Message # 38
Archmage
although it would make more sense if he had another spell with him,a fire based one

Choose:
Fire Aura, Magma Ball, FireStorm.

mortesDate: Thursday, 2010-02-04, 9:07 PM | Message # 39
Apprentice
Quote (FlameMaster)

Choose:
Fire Aura, Magma Ball, FireStorm.

Firestorm makes more sense as i see,he should have a very strong AOE spell

FlameMasterDate: Thursday, 2010-02-04, 9:20 PM | Message # 40
Archmage
All right! It is done. smile

DelvingAngelDate: Saturday, 2010-08-14, 1:16 AM | Message # 41
Apprentice
Hello FlameMaster! I'm fairly new to the game but I must say I rather enjoy both it and your mod. I noticed the bug with Undead Necromancers vanishing from mines/towers mentioned already but I thought I'd expand on what I've found.

Messing around a bit I tried to temporarily fix it on my own by providing Undead with a food supply, but even after making nearly every building produce the equal food to a Mech pig farm the Necromancers still died while inside things. I don't know if that will help you fix the problem (or if its already fixed in your working build) but I thought you should know!

A couple of other bugs I've found, but have yet to be able to reproduce, are related to Towers. Very rarely druid towers will refuse to upgrade - and if you try they stop firing or doing anything else. And in other games, the towers (from all teams) refuse to do anything at all (with or without upgrades.) As I said both happen very rarely, so I can't even tell you the circumstances that led to them failing, but I'll keep a watch and report back anything I find.

Lastly, and I'm sure you're aware, certain units that have limits can be created even when that limit is reached. Ones I know for sure are the druid Pegasus; as well as the Sol Air-Prism, Air-Fly, and Flame Catapult.

I have a couple of suggestions as well, but I'll put those into the suggestion thread!

Again, great mod! biggrin

FlameMasterDate: Saturday, 2010-08-14, 4:00 AM | Message # 42
Archmage
Messing around a bit I tried to temporarily fix it on my own by providing Undead with a food supply, but even after making nearly every building produce the equal food to a Mech pig farm the Necromancers still died while inside things. I don't know if that will help you fix the problem (or if its already fixed in your working build) but I thought you should know!

Thanks for the report. I doubt then it can be food related. Though I still have to see if it was a bug in the vanilla game.

Very rarely druid towers will refuse to upgrade - and if you try they stop firing or doing anything else.

When units upgrade, be it buildings or units, the unit with the upgrade icon will be inactive till it completes.

Lastly, and I'm sure you're aware, certain units that have limits can be created even when that limit is reached. Ones I know for sure are the druid Pegasus; as well as the Sol Air-Prism, Air-Fly, and Flame Catapult.

Good eyes Soldier! This bug was fixed. It applies for all flying units. Just don't exploit it till the next fix, okay?

Again, great mod

Again, Thank you wink . Its been really nice to have you here to report bugs. Few more reports and you can gain the tester rank. Good luck.

DelvingAngelDate: Saturday, 2010-08-14, 6:34 PM | Message # 43
Apprentice
Noticed a few more bugs during my last gaming session!

There was a ring, I believe it was called "Ring of Dragon Soul," that had no bonuses or penalties listed in its description. Instead it just had its name repeated inside "<>" brackets.

Another bug I noticed was with the Cryo Mage Hero. I was level 13 and had a good amount of Mana then decided to use the dragon transport. When I landed again my maximum mana was reduced to 50! I know it was reported earlier that if you level up in the air it messes with stats, but I'm fairly certain I didn't. I'll test it again just to be sure.

Lastly, and I'm unsure if this is a bug or not, I noticed that if you tell a unit to attack another unit - they'll pursue them endlessly even into the fog of war. It seems to me that when the enemy vanishes from sight the follow should be broken. But again, that may just be opinion and not really a bug.

Hope these help! smile
I just picked up 4 more copies of the game for some friends who I know will love it. Hopefully I can convince them to help hunt for bugs in the mod as well!

FlameMasterDate: Saturday, 2010-08-14, 7:09 PM | Message # 44
Archmage
There was a ring, I believe it was called "Ring of Dragon Soul," that had no bonuses or penalties listed in its description. Instead it just had its name repeated inside "<>" brackets.

Was it the Obsidian Ring? It absorbs and restores 50 HP and 50 Mana for every killed enemy. wink .
Lemme see if I can adjust its description.

Another bug I noticed was with the Cryo Mage Hero. I was level 13 and had a good amount of Mana then decided to use the dragon transport. When I landed again my maximum mana was reduced to 50! I know it was reported earlier that if you level up in the air it messes with stats, but I'm fairly certain I didn't. I'll test it again just to be sure.

Indeed, the hero transformations are very glitchy. Now there is a way to fix this but we don't know where to start. This will be fixed in the future (hopefully).

It seems to me that when the enemy vanishes from sight the follow should be broken

Hmm...I gotta see how it could come in handy. Usually I see people chasing their enemies even to their homes, at least they don't mind where they are. tongue .

I just picked up 4 more copies of the game for some friends who I know will love it. Hopefully I can convince them to help hunt for bugs in the mod as well!

Wow, Thanks dude. smile . I am very happy that I at least have you digging up bugs. As for my part, I haven't released a fix in ages. Maybe I should get started now.

Kind Regards
Flame Master.

DelvingAngelDate: Wednesday, 2010-08-18, 4:16 AM | Message # 45
Apprentice
Quote (FlameMaster)
Was it the Obsidian Ring

That's the one! Noticed a similar issue with the "Elixir of Immortality" the description just says "Permanent" but doesn't say exactly what it is.

Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Bugs in version 3.5 (A list of bugs related to version 3.5)
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned