Герои Уничтоженных Империй  
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Bugs in version 3.5 (A list of bugs related to version 3.5)
Bugs in version 3.5
FlameMasterDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-15, 11:29 AM | Message # 76
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
Your experience with modding engines is enough I suppose smile . But I can only work on the mod during Christmas as I am away from home. I'll contact you and give you the sources then.
Peace

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

LaniDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-16, 12:46 PM | Message # 77
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Sounds good to me, modding Skyrim in the mean time :O

thanks,
Craze

FlameMasterDate: Saturday, 2012-01-28, 9:13 PM | Message # 78
Archmage
I hope you post your feedback on the new version...

CrazeDate: Sunday, 2012-01-29, 7:22 AM | Message # 79
Apprentice
Group: Modders
I just ended up sending you that message regarding a few bugs I ran across. I like the version, but it does do a lot of crashing. I recommend you remove the rts+rpg mode for now and simply add an option to allow for your hero's, for lack of better words, start time to be increased and decreased. As it stands right now, you can't use your hero until something like 35 minutes in. I understand you could play in RPG mode, but I also like having an army around, etc.

I think that if all the bugs end up getting fixed, the next thing that would really make the game feel a bit more progressive is a change to the upgrade system. As it stands currently, you buy a building and buy the upgrades you need. If you notice, only 30% or so of the upgrades are any good. I think we should remove the useless ones and make them progressive more expensive and useful. Like this:

@ = upgrades, Integer = level of usefulness, -> = what is required for the next skill.

@1 -> @2 -> @3 -> @4 -> @5 -> @6
@1 -> @2 -> @3 -> @4 -> @5 -> @6

Price would go up as the level of usefulness increased of course.

instead of just:
@@@@@@
@@@@@@

It would also be cool if we added a third row of upgrades, but that may be too difficult.

anyhow, thaz just a few ideas!

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2012-01-29, 6:50 PM | Message # 80
Archmage
Ahm...
I didn't understand which type of upgrades you were referring to, like "Hero Upgrades"? Building Upgrades? or something else? surprised

CrazeDate: Monday, 2012-01-30, 3:17 PM | Message # 81
Apprentice
I am referring to the upgrades for your entire nation/army. The upgrades that require you to purchase a building entirely devoted to those upgrades and serves no other function. Basically, my idea was to make it slightly more tree based, similarly to how WoW has different spec trees, etc. Meaning, if I wanted to focus on fast unit production as the Undead, I could focus on that set of upgrades and have them progressively become more useful as I could afford them. Alternatively, if I wanted to focus on unit strength, unit limit or some other category I could also do that by means of another tree. Obviously there would only be 1-3 trees per race, but it certainly would allow you to choose a play style and stick to it.

Basically:
Current upgrade Layout:

@@@@@@ <- all random
@@@@@@ <- all random

Suggested upgrade Layout:

Unit Production Upgrades: @@@@@@ <- all progressively more expensive.
Unit Strength Upgrades: @@@@@@ <- all progressively more expensive.
Unit Base/Unit Defenses Upgrades: @@@@@@ <- all progressively more expensive.

ETC.

You could force the user to choose a single tree if you wanted.

This may not make sense, if it still doesn't i might need to catch you on a messenger application.

thanks,
Craze

Message edited by Craze - Monday, 2012-01-30, 3:20 PM

FlameMasterDate: Monday, 2012-01-30, 8:17 PM | Message # 82
Archmage
I understand. Wow! (literally, not the game), I like it smile .
Should I just make this strategy choosing a speciality of one race or should it be given to all?
You played the mod with the elves? Got to a unit tech called "Shrine of Change"? (Altar -> Winx -> Shrine)

CrazeDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-31, 4:01 AM | Message # 83
Apprentice
I think that each race should have it's own set of customized specialty upgrades, this allows for more diversity between the different factions. For instance, Undead could have unit production speed upgrades for the sheer steam role type game play or instead maybe upgrades toward their special units.. maybe making werewolves and vampires more useful/cheaper. For elves, could possibly have a tree that starts out allowing you to add certain abilities or auras to your troops? and even eventually ends in giving you a passive healing ability on druids to make them more useful. They maybe having the next tree be all about Ents and Unicorns, upgrading their strength, buffs and eventually unit capacity.

I haven't had a chance to play elves as of yet, I am a fan of Sol haha!

Those are just a few ideas

thanks,
Craze

FlameMasterDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-31, 5:39 PM | Message # 84
Archmage
Sol fan tongue . lol....

Hmm...time to be creative. Lemme have a look on the current upgrade scheme and figure out some trees. smile . Keep me updated about bugs if you find any. Also do you have suggestions on RPG mode and website?
Also can you do modeling? I mean make a ship for Sols? smile

Peace
FM

CrazeDate: Wednesday, 2012-02-01, 3:28 PM | Message # 85
Apprentice
I think the RPG mode is fine for now.

As for the website, I wouldn't worry much about it. It is fine condition and, unfortunately, doesn't get much traffic either. Putting a ton of effort into overhauling it or change it in any major way would end up being more time than it is worth.

As for modeling, I will try to create a ship for you. I am rather busy at this current moment, but I won't be pretty soon. That means I will get down to working on le ship wink

thanks,
Craze

FlameMasterDate: Thursday, 2012-02-02, 3:30 AM | Message # 86
Archmage
Alright and Thank you for the Ship smile
I'll try to see how the upgrades section can be made to work...
Peace

CrazeDate: Saturday, 2012-02-04, 4:31 AM | Message # 87
Apprentice
Some bugs:

1). (I played elves a little bit ago and ran across a bug) Whenever I mouse over any upgrades it doesn't show their tooltip, which causes it to be impossible to figure out what each upgrade does unless you peer at the little icons for ages.

2). Sol Wyverns are extremely difficult to select. I think they must be set on the incorrect unit type because their selection collider is much too small. I lost a battle on EASY against them due to not being able to target and kill the Wyverns.

Update on ship: I created a basic outline on the ship and now am feeling slightly perplexed. I am not really sure where to go with it. I am also curious on the limits of the engine in relation to models. If I could have a few facts about what is typical for the current models?

Here is the model 20 minutes in.

I know the model is extremely rough at the moment, but it is just an outline and will continue to evolve as I get input and ideas. As you can see it is long and thin, it is designed to be a fast swarm like attackship. For this reason I am trying to keep it low poly because it would be cool to have 10+ of these on the screen at once.

Quick update on the sail:

Even maor updateness:

Still rough, but certainly better!

thanks,
Craze

Message edited by Craze - Sunday, 2012-02-05, 0:35 AM

FlameMasterDate: Wednesday, 2012-02-22, 11:56 PM | Message # 88
Archmage
As for the bugs I shall try to figure out their causes and may run a fix smile
I love the model. Wow its perfect smile . There are HoAE 3d tools in the Website, download them wink . They will give you a good indication about polygon limits etc.
Peace

CrazeDate: Monday, 2012-02-27, 3:12 PM | Message # 89
Apprentice
Awesome, glad you like the ship! I'll start texturing it pretty soon (I was just waiting to see if you liked it).

Craze~

FlameMasterDate: Wednesday, 2012-02-29, 2:32 AM | Message # 90
Archmage
Hold on! The Export script only works in a 3dsmax 7 Model. So whatever you do, make sure, this can be done in 3dsmax 7 (Maybe export the model to 3dsMax 7 and work there? or export as a .obj file?)

Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Bugs in version 3.5 (A list of bugs related to version 3.5)
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned