Герои Уничтоженных Империй  
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Updates for SOL? (Just checking to see if there has been any new progress.)
Updates for SOL?
NomeneisteDate: Tuesday, 2013-03-26, 1:11 AM | Message # 1
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Good morning,

Just checking to see if there are any updates to the 3.5 SOL mod? I'm happy to take up the torch for QAing if that would be amiable.

Thanks,
Nomeneiste

FlameMasterDate: Monday, 2013-04-01, 0:44 AM | Message # 2
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
Hi,
Actually I have improved versions of the game and I do add features from time to time. I haven't put up a new version in a while because of my personal situation which is going downhill mostly. I have 2 months now. Maybe by April 15 I can try to put up a version for testing biggrin
Thanks for your interest smile
Paix

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

NomeneisteDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-02, 5:54 AM | Message # 3
Apprentice
Certainly, I look forward to the new version. It would be nice to make some new maps and get the game going again.

Thank you for your efforts!

FlameMasterDate: Friday, 2013-04-05, 11:02 PM | Message # 4
Archmage
Its nice to see some interest, you see when there is enough interest from people who are ready to use it, its a motivation for me...atleast it used to be, now let me see how this goes now biggrin

NomeneisteDate: Sunday, 2013-04-07, 0:57 AM | Message # 5
Apprentice
I recently bought the game off of GOG and love it. In fact, there are several games along the same lines (same developer(s) I suspect) that me and my family play every single weekend now. Heroes (this game) and American Conquest are the two we play the most.

It would be great to get some new maps completed and post in the GOG forums about them. Ideally, this would rekindle interest in the game and get more folks coming here.

Thank you again, for your efforts.

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2013-04-07, 2:07 AM | Message # 6
Archmage
That's cool to hear smile .
Okay...I'll try to make some new maps and post them. You see, I made 3 or so maps for the game and I was planning to add some variety, like new game mechanics for the map and so on, so it doesn't feel very repetitive, like you are playing the same, grind-win or gather-rush-win everytime, maybe some danger to watch out for, or prepare for or some force of nature that you can somehow manipulate to enable you victory and or put the same but make it work differently for all the different races and so on smile . I mean I added, rain, fog, storm, mist and what not but never quite found time to put it all in tongue . Maybe I'll release a version so you can add them to the game in your own creative ways too smile .

NomeneisteDate: Friday, 2013-04-19, 6:55 AM | Message # 7
Apprentice
Ah, environment effects would be very interesting. I wonder how that would impact things... Interesting to think about.

Kvothe1990Date: Saturday, 2013-04-27, 11:36 PM | Message # 8
Apprentice
I am interested in the mod too, btw. smile Its just that I can't make it work. The files dont change the game at all. Just copying them into the "data" folder should suffice, shouldnt it?

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2013-04-28, 4:18 AM | Message # 9
Archmage
The engine.exe in the mod should replace the original engine. Its a bit confusing since there is a Data folder inside the Data folder...Just copy the files and paste them and replace the originals.

opopDate: Sunday, 2013-12-22, 12:30 PM | Message # 10
Apprentice
Hi.

This is a great gem of a hidden game. I'm so sad that not many people know of it, but I've shown the game to my LAN buddies and they think it's great, too. It's just that not many will find the game on their own. It's a fun game for LANs.

I'm sorry to hear about your personal situation. I do hope you're okay/getting it sorted out. smile

I actually just wanted to say that your work on this mod is appreciately. I do honestly personally prefer to play the vanilla game, but that's not to say that I cannot appreciate the mod and the work put into it.

Message edited by opop - Sunday, 2013-12-22, 1:32 PM

FlameMasterDate: Thursday, 2014-01-09, 6:59 PM | Message # 11
Archmage
Sadly my personal situations are not getting any better it seems but that aside it's great to hear that you are having fun playing the game biggrin . The mod has bugs, I am devising some mathematical techniques to see if I can fix them all more efficiently, so far..that was some Math hell :P .

MASSOBLIVIONDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 4:37 PM | Message # 12
Apprentice
Fix though main bugs, please. My favorite fraction is necro, and i can't play them because necromancers dying. I wait next update...

Message edited by MASSOBLIVION - Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 4:39 PM

cccpDate: Monday, 2014-07-21, 5:58 AM | Message # 13
Apprentice
great and best game for me.

FlameMasterDate: Tuesday, 2015-03-03, 8:11 PM | Message # 14
Archmage
smile

Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Updates for SOL? (Just checking to see if there has been any new progress.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned