Герои Уничтоженных Империй  
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Heroes of Annihilated Empires » Help & Support » Can't start Multiplayer lan game - Help please? (Can't start Multiplayer lan game - Help please?)
Can't start Multiplayer lan game - Help please?
OnchantDate: Monday, 2013-09-16, 0:47 AM | Message # 1
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hey Guys

We have this big issue where we can find one PC (My laptop (on lan cable)) but the Laptop can't find my stationary PC. Well but I join the created game made from the laptop which brings the last issue. We cannot click Begin game as it's grayed out. We have both clicked ready and then it says:

"You can't begin the game, because:
- you must wait while the network is being checked"

Do you guys have any solutions for this please? Sitting here with a friend and really wants to get this game rocking ;-)

Kind regards

Onchant

Added (2013-09-16, 0:47 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Windows 7, no firewalls and everything should be set...

FlameMasterDate: Tuesday, 2013-09-17, 0:52 AM | Message # 2
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
Hi,
Welcome to the forums smile
If one PC cannot find the other, then it's probably something that has to do with the outgoing traffic/signals of that PC. Unless it's not fixed you won't be able to game.
You might need to check the firewall status of HoAE through it and any network configuration errors that might be causing this issue.
Considering the session you added
Windows 7, no firewalls and everything should be set...
Did you mean you figured it out or not?

Peace
Flame Master

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

OnchantDate: Monday, 2013-09-30, 4:28 AM | Message # 3
Apprentice
If we use Hamatchi we have no problems funny enough ;-)

FlameMasterDate: Tuesday, 2013-10-01, 4:12 AM | Message # 4
Archmage
Yeah I use that too. Although it sometimes messes around with other programs smile

RavelDate: Monday, 2019-02-11, 2:53 PM | Message # 5
Apprentice
Running into this same issue, even when using Hamachi.  I can see all of my friend's games (either when using direct TCP/IP or if we're on Hamachi), but he can't see when I host.

If we try to start the game when he hosts, we get the same error message.

Using internet game lobby we can both see each others' games, but he is kicked out of my lobby automatically after about 5 seconds.  If I join his lobby, the game doesn't start and gives this same error message.

I've verified all my ports are open, that there is no antivirus or firewall causing issues.  I'm on Windows 10 and he's on Windows 7, both using Steam versions of the game.

hangphyr4567Date: Sunday, 2019-03-31, 8:05 PM | Message # 6
Apprentice
Hard to guess what could be the problem.  I can verify that despite the game's age and problems, LAN play does "work" potentially, I just did a few rounds last night.  Possibly something to do with different game versions?  The mod is definitely installed correctly on your end?  It's always easier to troubleshoot these kinds of problems if you have 3 people, see who's game is acting up.

FlameMasterDate: Wednesday, 2019-04-03, 2:25 AM | Message # 7
Archmage
Quote Ravel ()
Running into this same issue, even when using Hamachi.  I can see all of my friend's games (either when using direct TCP/IP or if we're on Hamachi), but he can't see when I host.If we try to start the game when he hosts, we get the same error message.

I had similar problems once.
Did you try running both the games as Admin?
Are both your game versions the same? If you use a mod, are your mods the same?

Quote hangphyr4567 ()
Hard to guess what could be the problem.  I can verify that despite the game's age and problems, LAN play does "work" potentially, I just did a few rounds last night.  Possibly something to do with different game versions?  The mod is definitely installed correctly on your end?  It's always easier to troubleshoot these kinds of problems if you have 3 people, see who's game is acting up.

Hey! Cool to see you back around here smile

Forum » Heroes of Annihilated Empires » Help & Support » Can't start Multiplayer lan game - Help please? (Can't start Multiplayer lan game - Help please?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned