Герои Уничтоженных Империй  
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Bugs in v3.0 (A list of bugs related to the version 3.0 alpha)
Bugs in v3.0
XenoDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 10:17 PM | Message # 16
Mage
Group: Modders
Awards: 6
Oh my... it's immense!

Maybe I should create a new thread, but while I'm here, I have four suggestions:
1) Add new heroes to Sol faction (I know, you're adding a mage). I'm not a virtuous in modelling, but if you need some models I know 3 professional modellers and a student that (maybe) can help the project.
2) The lava demon of the sol faction may need a continuous sacrifice of slaves to remain in the battle field.
2) Add a siege battle as in "Warhammer, Mark of Chaos/Battle March". Very funny.
3) Before of a civilization based on Time and Sand, why don't you try to add an expansion to the mod? The "Orcs and Goblins" race! There are many ready-to-use troops and a lot of "unused" units that can increase the ranks of the army, such as harpyes, ogres, cyclops and hydras. There may be many other problems as ships and buildings, but I think the effort will be lower. I claim a poll!

If you need some help, jusk ask! I offer all my competences as gameplayer and programmer!

FlameMasterDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 10:46 PM | Message # 17
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
WOW...........Its like Christmas came early.
Really, I am all open for help, because God, I need help! You know, I never had a company of modelers to help so I was going to test my luck with 3dsmax. Time and Sand civ (Inspiration - Prince of Persia Sands of Time triology), but yes, I must admit Orcs will be far easier.

- I think I could use the help of those modelers, but I don't have money to give and they don't have money to get. But still if they are ready to help "us" the HoAE restorers (We are united, all of us). I would be more than very happy. But will they?

- Hmm...where have I seen this. Well the "Bloodthirster" of Warhammer had an ability similar to it. But I'll think of something to implement this. Great Idea by the way. yes

- Bah! I never had a chance to play "Mark of Chaos" but who cares when you have Chaos Rising coming out. wink

- Polls up and running. Then I remembered, we have not much people here :P

- Programmer? Well...well...Impress me. I dunno, post something like those HoAE assertion errors?

Okay, I would love help.

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

XenoDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 11:59 PM | Message # 18
Mage
It was a birthday present!
Naturally I will ask to draw a model for free! It was assumed. I've already send an email to one of them (the student). When I'll receive an answer, I'll tell you. If he could not do it, I'll contact the others.
About the assert: it's impossible to find the problem without the code and the call stack!!!

FlameMasterDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-09, 0:11 AM | Message # 19
Archmage
Hehe, I am impressed. Yeah I know that was a silly question. And thank you for the birthday present. smile
Oh btw, I have the source code with me (If I didn't say it to you earlier). Some error keeps me from compiling it. I asked Andrew (the Lead Programmer) for help, he said he can try. smile

XenoDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-09, 3:37 PM | Message # 20
Mage
Do you have the source code??? Then, you have the power!
But it doesn't compile yet? Then how do you release a new version of the engine? Only using tool? It's a time massacre!

Ok, first of all try to compile the source. Which king of errors return? Can you post some of them?

Second step. Purify the blasphemy of 2 expressions inside an assert. Splitting the assertion in 2 different assert, mekes the code more readable.
Assert(Index >= 0 && Index < n);
Assert(__FUNCTION__[0]);
If the game crashes when the flow meet the first assert, it's an easy-to-resolve bug. A simple index out of bound.
If the game crashes at the second one, then.... The syntax tell me that it is an array, but the name let me think it's an array of pointers to function. In that case you have got to check the body of the function in position 0. Search for a return and establish a subset of input that make the condition false. Without run the application, you can do and handcraft debug, just to have an idea.

Flame Master, I read in a prevoius post that you are a student. Are you studing engineering or computer science?

FlameMasterDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-09, 9:56 PM | Message # 21
Archmage
What tool are you referring to here?
GSC gave me the unfinished engine as well, but now it seems to me like you should've been the one with the source code. Allright it pops up from the assertion at 4024th line of "GameInterface.cpp". I could've spoken about the source with you but I'll rather do that on a private forum or something.

Well, I am a student all right. I am doing my 11th Grade on Biology and Math. lol, I get the irony.

http://gsc-game.com/main.ph....ec_id=4

I wrote an autobio their. Pardon the grammar errors, I wrote that early morning one day.

XenoDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-09, 10:22 PM | Message # 22
Mage
My mistake. I thought you used an haking tool, or something else.
Anyway if you need help with source code or mission script all you have to do is ask.

FlameMasterDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-09, 10:33 PM | Message # 23
Archmage
hehe, if I did that, GSC would kill me! or sue me. I don't know what's worse.
Yeah I think I may be needing help with the source code. I wanted to ask you this, would you be interested in forming a mod group or mod team or mod community or whatever you call it? Together we may be able to do some great stuff.

XenoDate: Thursday, 2009-12-10, 1:49 AM | Message # 24
Mage
Interesting offer, but I can't ensure a strict deadline. This month I've a lot of spare time, but from January I must leave my home 3 months for work. When I'm away, I can't pursue other projects apart my own. So, if you have some problems I can try to fix 'em or I can write some script upon request.
I do not have enough time for long-term projects. I'm very sorry, because it would be a good idea if I was still a student (only 5 months ago).
I'm not pulling back, if you have some specific commissions I'll see what I can do.

Added (2009-12-10, 1:49 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Returning to the original purpose of the thread, I found some bugs.
An object is without name when you pick up it. It's an hat with a feather, maybe the hunter hat.
The magic "Bloodlust" of the undead ranger does not tranform enemy into vampire. In the previuos version it worked perfectly.
While I'm walking in the map, I found the enemy camp. They attaked me and the munity message appeared unreasonably (it's still in version 3.0?). After that, the game crashed for the usual assert. Even this time, the assert failed when there was many enemy on screen.

FlameMasterDate: Thursday, 2009-12-10, 6:36 PM | Message # 25
Archmage
- gotta fix the vampiress aura, hmm...I wonder whether other heroes' auras are also buggy.
- Mutiny. Yeah, its a unique handicap to Undead and Sols. If the Undead run out of Gold, all units mutiny. If Sols run out of Gold, all mercenaries (Minotaur, Wyvern, Hell hound, Devil and Demons) mutiny.

- It is possible that GSC made some new helmets for HoAE2. It is also possible that these helmets were given the icon of Hunter's hat and put in game without description. I'll check into them. I also have plans to add plenty of hero equipments, spell and potions. Along with Item combinations and Potion mixing.

I must ask you two favors.
1) Please help me fix the "Internet Game Crash" &
2) Please help me with the "Assertion errors".
I'll hand you the ".cpp" at the Restricted forum. I'll PM the password for the forum tonight. See you there. smile

XenoDate: Thursday, 2009-12-10, 11:49 PM | Message # 26
Mage
Yeah, I know about munity, but the strange thing is that I was playing in RPG mode! So, why I saw that message if I didn't have any troops?

FlameMasterDate: Friday, 2009-12-11, 8:23 PM | Message # 27
Archmage
Guh! I am speechless, I remember fixing that a long time ago but now, I think the HoAE2 data made it reappear. Gotta fix that too. These bugs will be fixed in the Anniversary edition of the mod. Also, what did the modelers say?

XenoDate: Friday, 2009-12-11, 9:57 PM | Message # 28
Mage
Lazy modelers! Actually, only one of them aswered me. Unfortunately he can't help us. But do not despair! I'm waiting other 3 answers!

Added (2009-12-11, 9:57 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Mmmm I can't vote in the poll! When I press the button 'choose' nothing appen! And I have not voted!

FlameMasterDate: Saturday, 2009-12-12, 9:16 PM | Message # 29
Archmage
Ah! Its okay, I have unfinished models of humans in the engine with me (on HoAE 2). All I am lacking are the 2d sprite units.

Can't vote? So you mean you are not in the 5 people voted in that? Well, I can vote for you, tell me what option to choose. Or Relogin and try. smile

My computer is in a fragile state. Motherboard errors, that cause function errors which cause BSOD's. Processor Overheating and Graphics card burning. All problems to say "God! I am doomed" out loud 25 times. sad

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2009-12-13, 6:35 PM | Message # 30
Archmage
Okay I think God decided to help me out. smile . Computer just began acting 'normal'. I'll soon release a fix.

Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Bugs in v3.0 (A list of bugs related to the version 3.0 alpha)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned