Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 0
can make a way that the hero is not petrified mode rts

FlameMasterDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-22, 10:43 AM | Message # 2
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
I can reduce the time for turning hero back from petrification to normal state. But it should be noted that, when someone chooses RPG mode, the one who choose RTS will have "a hero + base", while the RPG guy gets stuck with "only a hero". This in turn will affect the overall game balance and "Internet Play and Multiplayer". Also to be noted is that, this action changes the uniqueness of HoAE to other games.
Besides, if you have played the mod, you will realize that, its HARD to control both a hero and a dynamic base. This "special" base building with innovations was done by me only because to make RTS feel less boring and repetitive and feel more dynamic like the RPG mode, where the hero has all choice.

I'll look into what can be done about this. Thank you for reporting smile
If you have more Ideas, please do report.

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

XenoDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-22, 3:03 PM | Message # 3
Mage
Group: Modders
Awards: 6
But it's not a bad idea... an RTS+RPG mode!
The problems you cite, maybe can be avoided by addind an option in the skirmish menu, so we should have 4 game type:
Standard
RTS only
RPG only (I saw it in the to do list)
RTS + RPG
Users will choose their game mode, even if it's hard to control both hero and units.

FlameMasterDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-22, 3:05 PM | Message # 4
Archmage
Well, since you said its a Good Idea, "why don't you help me out on this one?" wink . You know, add a new "option" with it. And I'll add the modified spell.

IfritDate: Friday, 2009-12-25, 1:58 AM | Message # 5
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Is it possible to reinforce the siege towers when they are already built (like the elves), but also change in appearance?

FlameMasterDate: Friday, 2009-12-25, 2:03 AM | Message # 6
Archmage
Yes you bet. Which nation would you like to have this type of towers?

XenoDate: Tuesday, 2010-01-05, 8:57 PM | Message # 7
Mage
Group: Modders
Awards: 6
It's possible to create a cooperation battle?
Here's what I mean: players choose their heroes, then they start in the same location of the map with hero only (ie RPG mode). Together (ie all players in the same team), they will figth the monsters searching for a big boss. The mission ends with the boss death.
Does it needs too many efforts to implement this for multiplayer/online game? Or it needs a special map only?

FlameMasterDate: Tuesday, 2010-01-05, 9:04 PM | Message # 8
Archmage
It's possible to create a cooperation battle?
Here's what I mean: players choose their heroes, then they start in the same location of the map with hero only (ie RPG mode). Together (ie all players in the same team), they will figth the monsters searching for a big boss. The mission ends with the boss death.
Does it needs too many efforts to implement this for multiplayer/online game? Or it needs a special map only?

This is very easy to setup you know. It only needs a custom built map. Thank you for this Idea, if you want, I can begin development of this at once. The only problem is that, these are better isolated from normal Skirmish maps, and that's why I asked for a RoS list or Mission Desk...so far, Tab switching doesn't work in Multiplayer. I don't know why though...Hope its some silly mistake on my part, otherwise its gonna be a bit difficult.

mortesDate: Sunday, 2010-01-24, 7:33 AM | Message # 9
Apprentice
Group: Testers
Awards: 1
the problem about heroes and rts,it 's that the computer cheats,he makes his heroe nearly invincible.

but my suggestion would be making race buildings(like graveyard),creat a small patch of terraform,it wouldn't spread,it would be small only to make the building inline with the terrain(undead buildings look very ugly on any other terrain)

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2010-01-24, 1:37 PM | Message # 10
Archmage
he makes his heroe nearly invincible.

I don't think I can do anything about this but the devs said that they can make an RPG AI.

but my suggestion would be making race buildings(like graveyard),creat a small patch of terraform,it wouldn't spread,it would be small only to make the building inline with the terrain(undead buildings look very ugly on any other terrain)

1) Its easy to do and could be done.
2) What about making it impossible to build outside a terramorph?

Thank you for the Idea, it really makes me think about terramorphing. smile .

mortesDate: Wednesday, 2010-01-27, 6:55 AM | Message # 11
Apprentice
well it could work,but it would need some kind of way to terraform apart from capitol,in certain maps it is hard to build.

you know what could be interesting,what if certain units could have some kind of special ability,like necromancers that can summon esqueletons just like in campaing and fairies with some kind of healing ability,but they would have some kind of requirement(research,terrain required,cooldown or even mana).For instance a zombie could be upgraded with plague to weaken melee attackers or elves bows could be upgraded to pass through weaker units and hit the ones behind.

Message edited by mortes - Wednesday, 2010-01-27, 6:58 AM

FlameMasterDate: Wednesday, 2010-01-27, 4:16 PM | Message # 12
Archmage
necromancers that can summon esqueletons just like in campaing

Do the research in Lich tower to activate this ability!

fairies with some kind of healing ability

In the mod, elves can build a shrine for healing troops.

For instance a zombie could be upgraded with plague

Now I gotta ask. Did you even play with the mod????????????

The mod added Special Infantry to game. They are
Dryads : Can cause enemies to be caught by roots slowing them down
Mummies : Can cause Plague to enemies. 10% chance for plague to spread
Hounds : Can reduce attack rate and damage of enemies
Demons : Can cause fear
Were-wolves : Wolf hound transformation

mortesDate: Thursday, 2010-01-28, 7:11 AM | Message # 13
Apprentice
i am playing the original campaing because of the bugs,i will play the mod later

FlameMasterDate: Thursday, 2010-01-28, 5:56 PM | Message # 14
Archmage
i am playing the original campaing because of the bugs,i will play the mod later

Most Ideas I had once before I began to play the game are in the mod. So I advise to try it before posting. Otherwise Its gonna make me relook all the files again just to see if a bug occured that disabled it! Infact, hearing your suggestion, I looked at all of them to make sure there was no bug and that the feature was not disabled.

Good to hear that you are interested in the game. smile . Good luck with finishing the campaign.

mortesDate: Monday, 2010-02-01, 9:37 PM | Message # 15
Apprentice
well i just played,but it is so hard to do anything in both rpg and rts,the computer builds the strongest units in less than 5 minutes,i can only play on very easy because of that.

but i have a suggestion,make a mode where there is no fog of war,this could help keep track of computer and would make balancing and bug finding easier,but it is a good mod,just need work(loved the new speacial abilities)

Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » ideas to improve the mod
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned