Герои Уничтоженных Империй  
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Rise of Sols » Help & Support » How to play heroes of annihilated empires windowed
How to play heroes of annihilated empires windowed
schaapopmotorDate: Thursday, 2010-01-14, 8:54 PM | Message # 1
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 0
i am running vista and i dont now how to get heroes of annihilated empires to run windowed. also is there already a fix for the intel onboard grapich cards.
srry for my bad english.

Message edited by schaapopmotor - Thursday, 2010-01-14, 8:57 PM

FlameMasterDate: Thursday, 2010-01-14, 9:15 PM | Message # 2
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
i am running vista and i dont now how to get heroes of annihilated empires to run windowed. also is there already a fix for the intel onboard grapich cards.

I am sorry but I don't think the game runs on Intel on board graphics cards. You need an ATI or Nvidia solution. You can get cheap entry level graphics at throw away prices. This is because Intel onboard solutions fail to give dynamic lighting rendering support and vertex shaders. I suppose you need at least an Nvidia 5900 or 6200. I recommend an 8400. They are all very cheap and runs most new games great!

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

schaapopmotorDate: Thursday, 2010-01-14, 9:49 PM | Message # 3
Apprentice
The problem is the intel card is in my laptop and i dont think i can switch it. but do you how to play hoae windowed cause that would be nice on my other pc

FlameMasterDate: Thursday, 2010-01-14, 10:02 PM | Message # 4
Archmage
The problem is the intel card is in my laptop and i dont think i can switch it. but do you how to play hoae windowed cause that would be nice on my other pc

Currently, the game doesn't allow this. Dunno but try these and see if they work

Make a shortcut
Right click - Properties
At the target box, after quotes, type in -windowed or -w

If it doesn't work, try Alt + Enter ingame.
If all of these fail, I will ask the assistance from the devs, you'll have to wait sometime tho, but it can be done. smile .

schaapopmotorDate: Thursday, 2010-01-14, 10:19 PM | Message # 5
Apprentice
thank you very much i shall try these things

Added (2010-01-14, 10:19 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
they dont work sad but can you contact me if you have found a solution or if there isn´t one

FlameMasterDate: Thursday, 2010-01-14, 11:14 PM | Message # 6
Archmage
they dont work sad but can you contact me if you have found a solution or if there isn´t one

I thought so...lemme ask the developers. I'll send you a PM when this is done.

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 6:45 PM | Message # 7
White Fangs
Group: Modders
Awards: 3
Hmm, as fun as it may seem to have Hoae running in windowed mode, if you have noticed Flame Master, none of the gsc games can be run in windowed mode. Not that its not possible, If i remember well it was to prevent the alt+tab protection to become useless. I'm sure i dont need to explain where it goes from there...

As for the integrated intel card, SchaapOpMotor, there's one shot, but I never had to do it, so got no experience with it, but it seems to work for people on C2 ( which uses a similar engine by GSC), so read a bit here:

Running CII on integraded intel chipsets.

Let us know if this works.

EbelAngel

FlameMasterDate: Saturday, 2010-01-16, 6:53 PM | Message # 8
Archmage
I never tried that, but I know for sure what Intel Integrated chips lack. If they lack Shader support 2.0, then the game will be rendered very bad, very very very bad (Experience)! If it doesn't have dynamic vertex support or something like that, its gonna crash whenever you export a boolean object or whenever you are near water. If it lacks dynamic lighting, the units will look like C2 - which is not bad however, but the 3d units sometimes disappear or they are rendered like C2 cannons or more like Alexander cannons. So if your Intel Graphics is a bit old, it doesn't help.

I totally forgot about Win-Tab protection, funny how the devs disable these when playing tongue . Thanks for pointing this out. OMG! I never thought of the hacks one could pull off with Alt-Tab!

schaapopmotorDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 3:18 PM | Message # 9
Apprentice
so it isnt possible to run it in windowed mode. also my video card doesn´t have vertex shaders is that going to be a problem?

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 4:28 PM | Message # 10
Archmage
so it isnt possible to run it in windowed mode. also my video card doesn´t have vertex shaders is that going to be a problem?

Sorry, but the dev said about this, if in windows mode, this is gonna rip off the "Alt Tab prevention system".

I don't know to the extent vertex shadering is taken by HoAE, but try I say.

schaapopmotorDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 5:40 PM | Message # 11
Apprentice
I am sorry but wat is "alt tab prevention system"

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 5:52 PM | Message # 12
Archmage
I am sorry but wat is "alt tab prevention system"

This is done by "wintab.dll". It kicks the payer automatically if he "Alt-tabs" out of an Internet or Multiplayer game.

schaapopmotorDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 5:53 PM | Message # 13
Apprentice
but i dont play internet games because its to hard for me but is it possible to do it in single player

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 5:55 PM | Message # 14
Archmage
but i dont play internet games because its to hard for me but is it possible to do it in single player

But when such a feature is added, it is added for all. Also, one can disable Internet game and Multiplayer in Windowed mode but I think its a lot of work. It doesn't work in Single player.

schaapopmotorDate: Sunday, 2010-01-17, 6:12 PM | Message # 15
Apprentice
too bad but thanks anyway

Forum » Rise of Sols » Help & Support » How to play heroes of annihilated empires windowed
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned