Герои Уничтоженных Империй  
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Suggestions (Just a couple of suggestions)
Suggestions
DelvingAngelDate: Saturday, 2010-08-14, 1:22 AM | Message # 1
Apprentice
Group: Testers
Awards: 1
*Insert copious amounts of praise for the mod/game here*

With that out of the way, I have a couple of suggestions that might make a great game even better - though I guess you'll be the judge of that happy

First, it would be beyond awesome if we could rotate buildings as we placed them. My former favorite RTS (Age of Mythologies) had a mod that enabled this and it added a whole new level of fun town design/decoration to the game.

Second, sort of related to the first - it would be nice if the buildings could be put closer together. The only real reason would be to create cohesive base/town designs rather than just having buildings placed so far apart. Combined with building rotations I can imagine some very cool looking empires!

I'm not sure if either of these can even be accomplished, but I would certainly love to see them in place. I enjoy the base building aspect of RTS games, and the more creative control I have the better.

Thanks for reading! biggrin

FlameMasterDate: Saturday, 2010-08-14, 1:59 AM | Message # 2
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
*Insert lots of thanks for the copious amount of praise* :P
Nah really! Thank you. smile .

it would be beyond awesome if we could rotate buildings as we placed them.My former favorite RTS (Age of Mythologies) had a mod that enabled this and it added a whole new level of fun town design/decoration to the game

Aha! Great suggestion. Lemme see if this can be done, I'll have to ask Xeno this (when we would get in touch). AoM was one of my favorite RTS's too. It was old school and really a fun game *Nostalgia*

it would be nice if the buildings could be put closer together. The only real reason would be to create cohesive base/town designs rather than just having buildings placed so far apart. Combined with building rotations I can imagine some very cool looking empires!

You mean like in Age of Empires 2 huh? Sols can place their barracks close by to other buildings. I think I could think of some HoAE commands like "BUILDNEARBUILDING", lemme see if I can achieve this. Really cool suggestion, though once I noticed that the Sols could place their barracks really close by.

I'm not sure if either of these can even be accomplished, but I would certainly love to see them in place

I am not sure I get this! Kindly tell me what you mean. smile . We can work it out.

and you are welcome...

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

DelvingAngelDate: Saturday, 2010-08-14, 3:30 AM | Message # 3
Apprentice
biggrin Yay! I'm glad you like my suggestions.

Quote (FlameMaster)

I am not sure I get this! Kindly tell me what you mean. smile . We can work it out.

I just meant that I wasn't sure if my suggestions were possible for this game. smile Sorry for being confusing!

I hope the post I made about some bugs is helpful as well (in the 3.5 bug thread)

FlameMasterDate: Saturday, 2010-08-14, 3:53 AM | Message # 4
Archmage
Yay! I'm glad you like my suggestions.

Yay! Another happy visitor. biggrin

Yup! All your suggestions and posts are welcome. smile

XenoDate: Saturday, 2010-08-14, 4:42 PM | Message # 5
Mage
Group: Modders
Awards: 6
Hi! Well, about buildings rotation.... It seems possible, but it needs a small modification in the game interface and a dangerous mod in the engine!
Actually, I'm checking the code. The only possibility is surely to use the mouse whell.
When I will have a clearer idea, I will post the news!

FlameMasterDate: Saturday, 2010-08-14, 7:16 PM | Message # 6
Archmage
Xeno! Nice to see you back. I am sorry for being careless now, hope you are not mad at me or anything, I am a bit detached because I have a very lot in my plate for now.

It seems possible, but it needs a small modification in the game interface and a dangerous mod in the engine!

What kind of small modification?
and what's the "Dangerous" mod in the engine? more crash?

The mouse wheel is used to rotate the map, So when we rotate buildings the map may also rotate. How about press down a key and scroll?

EDIT:- Certain interface scrolls work without rotating maps.

FlameMasterDate: Saturday, 2010-08-14, 7:28 PM | Message # 7
Archmage
Hey Xeno, please check out the "Hidden Archives"
and DelvingAngel, You are now promoted. smile .

DelvingAngelDate: Monday, 2010-08-16, 9:50 AM | Message # 8
Apprentice
Quote (FlameMaster)

and DelvingAngel, You are now promoted. smile .

Thanks! biggrin I feel important.

I had another idea I thought I would post about.

I think it would be rather cool to have a unit that was a "scout unit." Basically it would have the ability to cast invisibility (for stealth) and have an increased viewing area.

If a unit like that already exists I apologize, I just haven't found it yet!

FlameMasterDate: Monday, 2010-08-16, 3:30 PM | Message # 9
Archmage
Thanks! biggrin I feel important.

Indeed smile .

I have seen scout units in Age of Mythologies. My favorite however was the Scout of the Atlantians. What was is it called? Oracle? I also liked the scout unit of Egyptians - Priest(Obelisks).

Funny, there is a unit in HoAE 2 for Human civilization called "Spirit".
http://hoae.ucoz.net/forum/9-3-25-16-1259486919
Its the Ghost like unit standing next to the "Archon" (Angel).

It has 'invisibility' and 'Fireball' and fights okay. But in my opinion, every nation should have its own scout units: so that it is compatible with the siege unit concept of the mod (Elf siege - Unicorn, Sol siege - Catapult,...)
Since this concept is in use for Humans, I think you may need to cook up 5 different concepts for the existing 5 different nations - if that's okay with you. smile .

DelvingAngelDate: Monday, 2010-08-16, 11:12 PM | Message # 10
Apprentice
Quote (FlameMaster)
I think you may need to cook up 5 different concepts for the existing 5 different nations - if that's okay with you.

No problem cool

Here are a few ideas off the top of my head, I can come up with others if need be.

Elves
Ranger
Moderate Ranged Attack
Casts Invisibility
Can Run (like a hero)
Large sight range

Undead
Wraith
Very Weak Melee Attack
High Evasion
Casts Invisibility
Large sight range

Sols
Prophet of Osiris
Weak Ranged magic attack
Casts Raise Dead
Can summon a very fast flying creature minimal defense/attack, creature has normal sight range

Mech
Sapper
Weak Ranged attack
Casts grenade
Can summon permanent (can still be killed) towers with no attack but large sight range
Towers can be upgraded to cast invisibility

Cryo
Seer
Weak Ranged magic attack
Casts Clairvoyance
Casts Frost (or another ice based slowing/stopping spell)
Large sight range
"Floats" (like the cryomancer, can walk over water)

FlameMasterDate: Monday, 2010-08-16, 11:35 PM | Message # 11
Archmage
I like the Ranger. The only problem is that the Elven hero shares the same name and we can't have 2 people with same name, now can we? tongue . The wraith reminds me of the Nekrons of Warhammer series. I loved how they come back to life when killed sometimes, and how they could phase shift but I hated the fact that they were a little too agile - runs into combat far too easily.

So, the sol prophet moves at a slow pace huh? Considering the fact that he can summon a very fast dragon.
The Sapper sounds like going back to the Napoleonic era, but I like everything about it . I love the seer already, I can imagine how he'll look. Talking about 'he', we have no 'she' for the job . In conclusion, I am totally impressed by the concepts biggrin . Maybe I should hire you wink . I suppose that these units are limited by buildings like Yotuns and Ents. Well then, the only thing now needed is a modeler to create these units tongue . I am adding it to my "to-do list" now.

DelvingAngelDate: Wednesday, 2010-08-18, 3:35 AM | Message # 12
Apprentice
Quote (FlameMaster)
I like the Ranger. The only problem is that the Elven hero shares the same name and we can't have 2 people with same name, now can we?

Oops! Well we could always just call him "Scout" since he seems to fit the classic definition.

Quote (FlameMaster)
I loved how they come back to life when killed sometimes

That would be a really cool upgrade for the unit (or even just the Ghost unit undead has), but it may make it too powerful.

Quote (FlameMaster)
So, the sol prophet moves at a slow pace huh? Considering the fact that he can summon a very fast dragon.

Yeah I was thinking the prophet would be very slow. biggrin

Quote (FlameMaster)
The Sapper sounds like going back to the Napoleonic era, but I like everything about it .

Mechs seem ahead of their time, so why not toss in a few engineer units to spice them up a bit! cool

Quote (FlameMaster)
I suppose that these units are limited by buildings like Yotuns and Ents.

Definately, they would become far too powerful in a large group.... though hiding a bunch of archers in a forest would be fun strategy for Elves.... wink

Quote (FlameMaster)
In conclusion, I am totally impressed by the concepts. Maybe I should hire you wink .

I'm happy you like them, and I'm honored you think I'd be helpful. I'm currently taking classes in game design/programming so its good to know my ideas are worthwhile.

Quote (FlameMaster)
Well then, the only thing now needed is a modeler to create these units

I've done some 3D art in the past, but never for an RTS. I'll play around and see if I can be of any help in this department but I can't promise anything at this point.

Also... I was wondering if there was a temporary fix I could use to make Undead playable again (even if it involves me personally going in and editing something.) I just ask because Undead is probably my favorite faction, and the necro dying bug pretty much makes them unplayable - especially against a computer enemy that has 20 dragons in the first five minutes! surprised

FlameMasterDate: Monday, 2010-09-20, 4:25 AM | Message # 13
Archmage
OMG! I totally missed the update! Sorry sad .
That would be a really cool upgrade for the unit

Hmm...Now which unit should I put that onto? How about the undead Bone-Golem or the Bone Horror?

Yeah I was thinking the prophet would be very slow

tongue

Definately, they would become far too powerful in a large group.... though hiding a bunch of archers in a forest would be fun strategy for Elves....

I should look at a bonus for Elf-Archers near the Trees then!

I'm currently taking classes in game design/programming so its good to know my ideas are worthwhile.

OMG! Game Designing! I had no idea.

I've done some 3D art in the past, but never for an RTS. I'll play around and see if I can be of any help in this department but I can't promise anything at this point.

Ah! Its okay - I can't promise these units in this mod version either...

Also... I was wondering if there was a temporary fix I could use to make Undead playable again (even if it involves me personally going in and editing something.) I just ask because Undead is probably my favorite faction, and the necro dying bug pretty much makes them unplayable - especially against a computer enemy that has 20 dragons in the first five minutes! surprised

Version 3.7 alpha awaits release and its progress can be tracked and commented on by using the "Progress" button on the Site top. It fixes this issue. The workaround maybe too nasty for you to implement.

NicolsonDate: Tuesday, 2011-08-30, 2:55 PM | Message # 14
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 2
Hello,
FlameMaster, your job is excellent, HoAE brought us really good game concept, and your mod finishes it perfectly. Can't wait for next realese, because multiple flyers per one building is quite annoying bug.
My point of message is balance of Sol hero Flame Master, he is much stronger than other heroes in the game. And I also don't know what his Dark Pulse ability do at all. By the way, limited spells expect hero's abilities is awsome.

FlameMasterDate: Tuesday, 2011-08-30, 3:07 PM | Message # 15
Archmage
Welcome to the forums Nicolson smile .
Thank you for you so much for the comments and your support for the game.
- The multiple flyers bug is fixed in the new version
- I will look into the balance issues soon smile
Dark Pulse burns the caster's Mana and then releases the energies as Dark Pulses that damage enemy units near him at constant intervals of time. I am planning to change that ability to something more innovative. I'll soon release a test version for open testing and then follow it up with the main release.
Peace

Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Suggestions (Just a couple of suggestions)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned