Page 1 of 11
Forum » Heroes of Annihilated Empires » General » Dwarf Strategy
Dwarf Strategy
BlaziusDate: Thursday, 2012-11-15, 6:43 AM | Message # 1
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hello everyone!

I wonder if somebody could help me with some advice on playing the Dwarf race( I know there isn't much activity).

I got this game from GOG and enjoying it very much. I'm usually playing undead( my fav fantasy creatures) and I got pretty good with them, able to beat the hard AI consistently in RTS mode and wipe out a whole map of hard AIs with the Lich which is super fun and epic.

Now my friend also got the game from GOG so we can play multiplayer( actually thats why I was practicing on the AIs). He is as much of a Dwarf fan as I'm an undead fan and refuses to play anything but Dwarf RTS. Now this'd be fine in itself but the problem is that he horribly sucks with them. We went coop last time, me a Lich, he Dwarf RTS and the match ended up with me constantly saving him from annihilation and basically fighting alone. Of course he got pissed off and asked me to try the Dwarfs to see if I can manage better.

The problem is that I got my ass handed to me as well despite my successes as undead. wacko

My usual strategy is building a town center first then a shooting range which I set to produce troops all the time. Then I start gathering wood, I build a farm then mines then I try to produce a clay golem as soon as possible. The problem? Comes the first yeti wave( we usually fight Cryo), troops shoot one volley, kill a bunch of enemy but while they reload they get wiped out. Comes the clay golem which isn't that pricey but oddly you can only build one. So theres a limit? So he must be very powerful right? Well the yetis rape him too..... My experience is that dwarven units are slower to build, more pricey and WEAKER than their undead counterparts for example. How am I supposed to win with them?

My hunch is either that they are the "hard to master but impossible to beat later on" race or totally unplayable. IDK maybe I'm trying too hard to play them as undead but then what about my buddy?

So could anybody help me with how are we supposed to play the Dwarfs RTS mode, maybe a build order or something? Of course the worst is that I've found absolutely nothing on the net about this game. Not a guide, not even a stupid unit list sad

Thanks in advance!

FlameMasterDate: Saturday, 2012-12-01, 10:36 PM | Message # 2
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 19
Hey, sorry for the late reply, Welcome to the forums smile

- Dwarfs are very hard to develop. They can absolutely lay waste to infantry if you can get a hold of some of their cannons and tanks.

- Did you try to give the "Melee" order to the Marksmen (Dwarf shooters)? They are good at Melee. Also do the researches in Town Center or in the Barracks

- The Clay Golem is limited to the number of Clay Factories you have. Later you can upgrade them to Steam and Iron factories and produce Steam and Iron Golems. However they only get powerful with upgrades you research at the Wizard Tower.
- Try to build the towers. The Mechanics have good tower defense. Although I am unsure whether you could afford them early game.

You can ask me more if you'd like I can give you info you need smile .

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

fishfish62Date: Friday, 2016-12-30, 8:07 AM | Message # 3
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 0
alternatively, you could play the dwarven ranger, and just brute force your way through the game, as he's grossly over powered.

Forum » Heroes of Annihilated Empires » General » Dwarf Strategy
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned