Герои Уничтоженных Империй  
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 7 of 7
  • «
Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Bugs in version 3.5 (A list of bugs related to version 3.5)
Bugs in version 3.5
pomochDate: Sunday, 2012-05-06, 10:19 PM | Message # 91
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I played today with Sol and Mehanic race, there are few bugs i saw:

-Sol slaves make a weird path around map before they enter barracks to make overseers( i think its a bug :O )
-Mehanics clay golem and steam tank collide each other and block each others path, i dont know how i did that..but i couldnt separate them after that thing it was a bit frustrating
-Mehanics altar had a wierd non-exsisten aura, spell or whatever was that( i had ranger hero, i could catch a glimpse of that dynamite spell every now and then in altar..)
-Mehanics altar couldnt build those zeppelins, i clicked on few those air flying units and they just wont produce like dwarf marksman
-Also Bots sometimes just surrender on very beggining, like minute or minute and half, i get a message You won(something along those lines :D)

Im new to the game, just found out for it few days ago, i instaled every single mod, map etc. Very sexy community right here, i must say. :P

I like undeads, i didnt try out in rise of sols, but in normal game w/o expansion, there was a glitch/bug with them.

-If you upgrade something in lich tower(some upgrade) and after that get your main building to last level(lvl3) all of those upgrades would refresh, and makes some units /building paranormal.
Sry for my lazyness(if you did fix that) in RoS.
Ill update my post if i see some more bugs, which i hope i wont.
Sry for bad english biggrin

-EDIT-

I played undeads now, and im a bit confused. I had like 250/350 population limit, and 3k+ crystals, yet i couldnt build any more necromancers or necrolytes. But if i would build a new unit, an old one would die instantly.( i saw my necromancers inside mines started to die, but at first i thought i am crazy..). Maybe I didnt understand the game mehanics, but i cant recall that i had those problems in normal game.(without expansion) im gonna go off now , if some1 can shed some light upon my questions , i would be grateful.

Message edited by pomoch - Sunday, 2012-05-06, 11:47 PM

FlameMasterDate: Monday, 2012-05-07, 3:49 AM | Message # 92
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
- Sol slave Weird path = bug, fixed!
- The collision bug is weird and pops up sometimes - I'll get around fixing it hopefully...
- Some problem with Auras blinking its hard to fix it by myself, I'll need see if Xeno can fix it.
- Lemme look into the mechanics of Mechanics...It seems a lot of bugs are there tongue
- Might be some Neutral units that killed the bots tongue .

If you upgrade something in lich tower(some upgrade) and after that get your main building to last level(lvl3) all of those upgrades would refresh, and makes some units /building paranormal

One of my first fixes tongue . My cousin had a funny way of exploiting that bug to make Catapult fire like Artillery over an abominable range.

- Known bug! Partially fixed however smile

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

pyDate: Tuesday, 2015-08-11, 3:37 AM | Message # 93
Apprentice
If you are still trying to upgrade the mod, I think I found some bugs that are not reported :

-In two skirmish, I played the cryo with the mage, and two problems occured : He did not respawn after summoning the gremlins (I waited more than 10 minutes after the blue disappeared from his icon), and the last building, supposed to give you access to new upgrade and a ultimate spell did not work, there was no icons to click on) (It seems strange that I am the only one to report it, so maybe the problem comes from me)

-While standing on the water with the flying boots, if your hero tries to flee (because of a dracolich for exemple), he is still attacking and we can not move him (annoying if you are trying to save his ass from 6 of those dragons and some little ones, and which creature does he attack ? Right ! The little skeletons on the shore which look far more dangerous)

-In the skirmish menu, there is the first tab named "designed", and the second one named "battles". When I launch the map in the second one, it leads me on a empty map with everything dark.

-If I try to open the encyclopedia, a black window appears and nothing else happens, the only solution I found is alt+F4.

-In the campaign, I saw one major issue and two other things, which are not real problems, but still bugs :
-Between the 8th mission and the 9th, my game crashs, and an other bug (already reported by some people up there) occurs when I continue, the hero had only 100 hp, tried again, and he had 60K+ (I think it was arround 65536) HP, I tried to resolve this, for I wanted to complete the campaign without cheating, but failed (The blessed technic of the holy spam did not work  cry )
-In the snow mission (when we see for the first time the cryo) some scorpions are friendly and the gremlins in the city are not.
-and the second one is funny, on Shambala, after saving him, we may kill the slave at the beginning :D *free xp* :D

Some of the problems could come from an error during the installation, I will try to reinstall the whole thing later and edit this post if needed.
An other thing, the solutions you give here [http://hoae.ucoz.net/forum/2-33-1] for the videos bug may not be used for windows 10 (nor for windows 8) since the "disable desktop composition" option does no longer exist.

I should not write so much . . . Nor playing so much . . . Nor enumarating problems . . . Nor enumarating what I should not do . . .

Beside this, I take fun with this game (memories happy ... ) and I hope for the return of its glory (the forum is a bit dead right now sad )

P.S.: There are 2 dead links in the map download list :
Cross-hair Sea (4)
Heroes of Annihilated Empires Map Pack 2 (Fan Made)

Message edited by py - Tuesday, 2015-08-11, 3:44 AM

FlameMasterDate: Monday, 2015-08-17, 6:28 PM | Message # 94
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
-In two skirmish, I played the cryo with the mage, and two problems occured : He did not respawn after summoning the gremlins (I waited more than 10 minutes after the blue disappeared from his icon), and the last building, supposed to give you access to new upgrade and a ultimate spell did not work, there was no icons to click on) (It seems strange that I am the only one to report it, so maybe the problem comes from me)
It is indeed strange, I suppose it's an issue on your side. Probably with the G16 files or the gfiles.txt. Also the RPG+RTS mode is buggy at best, sorry about that

-While standing on the water with the flying boots, if your hero tries to flee (because of a dracolich for exemple), he is still attacking and we can not move him (annoying if you are trying to save his ass from 6 of those dragons and some little ones, and which creature does he attack ? Right ! The little skeletons on the shore which look far more dangerous)

Ahm...strange! It seems there is a problem with your settings.xml or the enginesettings.xml. Are you sure the installation is proper?

-In the skirmish menu, there is the first tab named "designed", and the second one named "battles". When I launch the map in the second one, it leads me on a empty map with everything dark.

No battle maps were added. Sorry about that

-If I try to open the encyclopedia, a black window appears and nothing else happens, the only solution I found is alt+F4.
This is indeed an issue. It means you don't have the xml files for the encyclopedia to function. But it's an issue at your side, not the release in general I guess.

-Between the 8th mission and the 9th, my game crashs, and an other bug (already reported by some people up there) occurs when I continue, the hero had only 100 hp, tried again, and he had 60K+ (I think it was arround 65536) HP, I tried to resolve this, for I wanted to complete the campaign without cheating, but failed (The blessed technic of the holy spam did not work  )
Ouch. The game's save system is messed up, even from the vanilla version.

-In the snow mission (when we see for the first time the cryo) some scorpions are friendly and the gremlins in the city are not.
-and the second one is funny, on Shambala, after saving him, we may kill the slave at the beginning :D *free xp* :D
Hmm...the save file issue I suppose.

Some of the problems could come from an error during the installation, I will try to reinstall the whole thing later and edit this post if needed.
An other thing, the solutions you give here [http://hoae.ucoz.net/forum/2-33-1] for the videos bug may not be used for windows 10 (nor for windows 8) since the "disable desktop composition" option does no longer exist.

Will try to fix this in the next release smile

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

morevaux1905Date: Sunday, 2024-01-07, 6:11 PM | Message # 95
Apprentice
Hello,
i've met some problems during game:

Cryo:
- It is impossible to hold on food consumption. Pens does not give enought food to hold with consumption. For example i've build 8 Pens and with about 500 units my food storage was going down soo fast that they eventualy started dying of hunger. 
- Yetis are getting slower the more you have them.
- Reindeer have cost of 1000 iron? This looks like too much for this unit. 
- Ice golem hurts eyes by his too stretched texture.
- Building site of tower have damaging aura that lures neutral units. It constantly deal 1 damage to everything close to it.

AI:
- AI have infinite resources and sometimes get softlocked with building only ships and 2 or 3 other units (in this case skeleton, skeleton capitan and necromancers) that happened in most cases while playing skirmish agains undead AI. Also AI always forces to build ships, no matter if they can get to enemy or not.

Also other bugs that i've seen:

- Playins RTS+RPG is impossible, game crashes after some time (ranging from 30 seconds to 5 minutes). Playing RTS only work's well. I can send attachement showing error messege if it is needed.

Checked on rise of sol with necromancer fix on both steam and gog version of the game. 

Is there any chance of getting update to this mod? It is really awesome just like game itself and it would be really sad if it would be abandoned.

Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Bugs in version 3.5 (A list of bugs related to version 3.5)
  • Page 7 of 7
  • «
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned