Герои Уничтоженных Империй  
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Bugs in version 3.5 (A list of bugs related to version 3.5)
Bugs in version 3.5
Antey42Date: Wednesday, 2010-11-24, 10:22 PM | Message # 61
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Ok, let's see...

And what exactly i must write in "treasure" or "deposits" cheats? I'm not cheater, i don't know :))

FlameMasterDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-24, 10:38 PM | Message # 62
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
lol...you are the most honest cheater I ever met tongue .

1) Type "Enter" during gameplay
2) Type "deposits" in the chat window and press Enter once again
3) If the problem persists bring up the chat window once again and type in "treasure".
4) Press Enter

Hope this helps... smile

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

Antey42Date: Wednesday, 2010-11-24, 11:28 PM | Message # 63
Apprentice
Yes, this help's! smile Thank you!
Went on to look for other bugs in the campaign smile
---------------EDIT------------------------------------
No, cheats not help sad At the end of mission my units begin die from famine and archers not shooting.
But anyway, I could complete mission.

I want ask you about this message http://hoae.ucoz.net/forum/6-17-974-16-1282643135
Maybe this can help me
I tried to find this parameter NO_HUNGRY but failed.

Message edited by Antey42 - Thursday, 2010-11-25, 12:55 PM

FlameMasterDate: Thursday, 2010-11-25, 7:27 PM | Message # 64
Archmage
In the campaign, the famine issue is much more complicated and far-fetched. Only way to stop this issue is to force the game to initiate Famine concept only and only when the Town Center is on the map. But right now this is not possible. Only way now to overcome this issue for you is to find NRES.dat and change RES/UNIT parameter to FOOD 0.
Hope you can get this done smile . Ask me for help if you want to wink .

Antey42Date: Friday, 2010-11-26, 1:31 PM | Message # 65
Apprentice
I find this file, and extract it.
But how I can upload it back?
----------------EDIT---------------
I could changed this parameter. Troops are not dying anymore. But food is still decreases slowly.
And archers are still need wood for shooting. In some missions it is big problem, when I must build main base, but I can't, because all of my wood stock was shooting by archers biggrin

I think most of bugs in campaign linked with famine, because the most of quest givers, enemies, and neutral a dying from famine. And you can't end mission in some cases. When I changed RES\UNIT almost all a works correct. Hope this is important.
----------------EDIT---------------

Do you know, why all spells in the game have limited amount of use? Even if it unit ability and number of use are not displaying?
For example, my towers have ability tree of life, but after several uses it disappears.

Another bugs:
1 - after load save my hero have 15\15 HP and I die smile before can do anything. After next load my hero nave 34k\64k HP biggrin I finished the mission and now, in another missions, my hero have 64k and this means that hi is nearly immortal cool That's normal?
2 - in mission where I must save Pegasus, they are not join to me and if my amount of Dragons wasn't buged to (I was able to train as much as I want), it will be very difficult to complete this mission

Message edited by Antey42 - Saturday, 2010-11-27, 4:22 PM

FlameMasterDate: Monday, 2010-11-29, 0:03 AM | Message # 66
Archmage
Do you know, why all spells in the game have limited amount of use? Even if it unit ability and number of use are not displaying?

This is because the "Number Strings" are not setup for anyother units other than the Hero. I was hoping either to setup a number string or to make spells infinite for normal units.

1 - after load save my hero have 15\15 HP and I die smile before can do anything. After next load my hero nave 34k\64k HP biggrin I finished the mission and now, in another missions, my hero have 64k and this means that hi is nearly immortal cool That's normal?

Known bug! Meh! wacko . Its Nightmare all over again...It didn't begin with HoAE, but it should be ending if I could figure out what is going wrong.

2 - in mission where I must save Pegasus, they are not join to me

Technically a mission bug or perhaps it could be a trigger problem with something you may have done or forgot to do. Playing the mission again would clear it most of the time. Let's just say cheating has side effects...

In some missions it is big problem, when I must build main base, but I can't, because all of my wood stock was shooting by archers

About the Archers, you loose Iron and Wood - This was actually GSC who put it into patch 1.1. But this won't be a trouble if you have a 64k hero and some fairies wink .

Antey42Date: Monday, 2010-11-29, 2:09 PM | Message # 67
Apprentice
Quote (FlameMaster)
Technically a mission bug or perhaps it could be a trigger problem with something you may have done or forgot to do. Playing the mission again would clear it most of the time. Let's just say cheating has side effects...

I think some quest givers are die from famine, that's why I can't join pegasus.
I complete campaign and try playing in skirmish, but AI of computer is very hard, even on very easy level. Or he is cheater!!! biggrin

FlameMasterDate: Monday, 2010-11-29, 11:11 PM | Message # 68
Archmage
Hmm... :P . He is hard. But I am sure you can easily beat him on Very Easy if you try smile . Seems like Famine is more of a problem than I thought it was...

McV1900Date: Wednesday, 2011-08-03, 7:38 PM | Message # 69
Apprentice
hello all
i have installed yesterday HOAE Rise of Sols..everything is working fine.
Today i wanted to play with the elves and there are no building icons, only wall has a thumbnail. The Crio race is exactly the same and the necro. Why? Pls help.

big fan of StarWars, LOTR, Aliens and Predator
big game fan of UT99, AVP99, HOAE, C&C and Diablo 2

FlameMasterDate: Friday, 2011-08-12, 10:57 PM | Message # 70
Archmage
Hmmm...it could be that "Interf3\PortretsBuilding" folder could be corrupt or the files there at least. Did you do a reinstall? Is it the mod that's causing it all the trouble?

Necros_HorronDate: Monday, 2011-08-29, 5:51 PM | Message # 71
Apprentice
Group: Testers
Greetings Flame Master,

I played HoAE recently and I found a few interesting things.

1. Super Flame Master
Flame Master just turned into another superman. He levels up pretty faster than the rest of the heroes.

How I played
Difficulty : Very High
Rival(s) : Sols
Genre: RPG vs RTS

The battle wasn't vivid as I expected but a pretty easy win game at 'very high' difficulty but if I were playing as Elhant, it would have been tough even with the flying shoes. Flame Master is mighty alright however his learing skill is pretty faster than the rest.

2. I was wearing the Invisibility cloak and gave command to attack but all I could see was that animation. There was nothing shot from the staff and yeah, no effect.

3. Mysterious Ring
When I killed the big ones, like the Minatours, the treasure I got was a ring without a description about what it was or what it does. It's a ring with '<Soul Catcher>' written along with it name.

4. Sometimes the rangers' attacks are ineffective against the flying units. Well, it's another version of the 2nd one. The staff/Bow fires and the beams/arrows hit the target but shows no effect on the target's life or sends no 'you missed, try again' message tongue

These are what I found, I'll keep you updated if there are more of these smile

Your story may not have such a happy beginning but it doesn't make who you're, it's what you choose to be foe the rest of your life.

FlameMasterDate: Tuesday, 2011-08-30, 3:16 PM | Message # 72
Archmage
- Super Master
I am looking into RPG balance issues soon. I would need lots of testing...

- Invisibility bug
I need to check whether this bug is there in my version or not.

- Mysterious Ring
Its called the Soul Catcher Ring, it gives you 50 Mana and 50 HP restore for every enemy killed wink . I'll fix the description error.

- Fail Fire
If you are standing on Water all these can happen tongue .

LaniDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-08, 2:59 PM | Message # 73
Apprentice
I am aware that some of these glitches were previously stated, but I shall repeat them in my own words.

The Sol Wyverns, Air-prisms and Fire Dragons all can be spawned in unlimited quantities. Also, a major glitch with the Sol slaves getting into the Sol barracks is glaringly obvious. They walk for 1-2 minutes following a random pattern before entering the barracks.

More detail on the unlimited spawning: If you input more than 1 to be spawned it will only spawn one and then remove the que, but not remove the ability to spawn more.

More detail on the slaves and barracks: It appears as though the slave's waypoint on the building is slightly skewed and causes them to find a rather obscure path back to the building after venturing out into the wild. I wonder if some unintentional additional task was attached to the process of finding their way to the building that could cause them to stray so far from their destination?

I really hope these bugs will get fixed, I am incredibly impressed by the progress you have made into improving and adding to the game. It saddens me to see such trivial bugs ruining the balanced atmosphere within the skirmishes.

If you guys are ever in need of another developer/helper I am happy to aid in any way possible.

thanks,
Craze

FlameMasterDate: Sunday, 2011-11-13, 2:26 AM | Message # 74
Archmage
Sol Wyvern glitch along with the wandering slave problem was fixed (at least in the vesion with me - last one was a silly code I forgot to delete tongue )

I have no clue as of now to what's causing the unlimited bug. Thanks for the offer to help smile . If you are ready to help I have to know whether you know C++ good smile . I am very busy as of now and can only contact you during Christmas. If you can help out please do leave a comment. Also, Welcome to the forums victory
Peace

LaniDate: Monday, 2011-11-14, 12:44 PM | Message # 75
Apprentice
Hmm, unfortunately my experience with C++ is limited. However, my experience with programming as a whole isn't at all lacking, I just have chosen to focus on java and C rather than C++. I have worked with Java for quite sometime now and I don't claim to be quite at a professional level with it, but I am certainly very close. I have extensive experience with modding a number of games/engines which include a few MMOs, team fortress 2 and a number of other smaller games. I am also a decent modeler and an acceptable texture artist, but I focus more seriously on programming (namely Java). Above all I am a perfectionist and strive to better a game in any respect within my reach.

thanks,
Craze

Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Bugs in version 3.5 (A list of bugs related to version 3.5)
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned