Герои Уничтоженных Империй  
Welcome Guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Bugs in version 3.5 (A list of bugs related to version 3.5)
Bugs in version 3.5
FlameMasterDate: Wednesday, 2010-08-18, 4:01 PM | Message # 46
Archmage
Group: Administrators
Awards: 21
Elixir of Immortality

Lemme guess, this one does nothing right? tongue

"A Hopeless heart is the Devil's workshop"

DelvingAngelDate: Saturday, 2010-08-21, 6:07 AM | Message # 47
Apprentice
Group: Testers
Awards: 1
Quote (FlameMaster)
Lemme guess, this one does nothing right?

You guessed right happy

After another round of tests I've concluded that the "necromancer dying" bug is in fact a bit more widespread. It seems that when playing as Undead -any- unit you put inside a building (tower/mine/etc) will vanish after a random amount of time. This includes the hero! wacko

FlameMasterDate: Monday, 2010-08-23, 7:57 AM | Message # 48
Archmage
Meh I thought so!

The Necromancer stuff can be more farfetched! You ever tried ice hero inside a building? PS: I haven't tried it myself, but there is a good probability that its gonna be a disaster. Whichever way, I found what causes Necromancers to die. There is the Famine concept which causes units to die when they run outa food. For Undead its disabled, so somehow, this strange bug happens instead. Looks like I am gonna need Xeno's help.

XenoDate: Tuesday, 2010-08-24, 3:48 PM | Message # 49
Mage
Group: Modders
Awards: 6
Here I come! What's the name (id) of the "famine" in the text files? Starting from there I can find the variable to handle searching in the code!
I tried to directly search "famine" in the code and in the texts, with 0 matches....

FlameMasterDate: Tuesday, 2010-08-24, 4:15 PM | Message # 50
Archmage
Okay Xeno, I am gonna need you regularly here for a while. So Please post as much as you can tongue .

- There is a file named Nres.dat, It is there from the "Cossacks 1" period. It has a parameter that determines the amount of food consumed by Each unit. The Parameter being "RES/UNIT". In the mod version its tuned to
RES/UNIT FOOD 3

- Find the file inside, "mods.gs1" by extracting it. smile .

- There is a parameter "md" parameter called: NO_HUNGRY . It makes the units not consume food or disables the "RES/UNIT" parameter for that unit which has this md parameter. The Necromancer md has this parameter in it. Somehow, this causes it to die when inside a building :-o .

Incase if you wanna know, there is a md parameter called "NAEMNIK" which marks the unit as a mercenary. That is, it mutinies when the Gold reaches 0. We can perhaps add a parameter "HUNGRY" and make the units famine when Food reaches 0 - this would be ideal if you are unable to fix this bug!

@Xeno, Hey Meet me at the "Hidden Archives".

XenoDate: Thursday, 2010-08-26, 3:11 AM | Message # 51
Mage
I can't notice the necro death bug... So I have a question! Can it happen when your enemy has a famine problem??
Anyway, I think the problem is somewhere else. Maybe in the mine class. Flame Master, what does STORMFORCE parameter rapresent?? It's linked to building and can cause the death of its tenants!

FlameMasterDate: Thursday, 2010-08-26, 11:01 AM | Message # 52
Archmage
STORMFORCE is not used in the game now. Its for determining the extra force exerted when storming a building. It can cause death of inside units and death of all inside units if the unit enters the building. Its not related to the issue at hand.

The Famine problem cannot happen when the enemy has a famine problem.

XenoDate: Thursday, 2010-08-26, 2:52 PM | Message # 53
Mage
The Famine problem cannot happen when the enemy has a famine problem.

I think this is the bug. Famine, instead of afflic only the enemy, for a wrong statement afflict you also! Can someone check this? I really don't know how to retrive it. Maybe a multiplayer game?
If this is the real problem, then the solution will be veeeery easy.

FlameMasterDate: Thursday, 2010-08-26, 6:04 PM | Message # 54
Archmage
If this is the real problem, then the solution will be veeeery easy.

You know, you make some sense back there! Let me see if I can re-create this problem in the Editor. Whenever you need some things tested, you can always go for the Editor. smile .

Bug fixed: I found a workaround to the problem. Which involves secretly making Necromancers produce food. smile .

Antey42Date: Wednesday, 2010-11-24, 4:14 AM | Message # 55
Apprentice
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hello!
I am new at this forum and my english is not very good smile But will I try to explain my problem.

I install mod version 3.5 and find some bug in campaign, which is connected with famine.
My troops in second mission are die and i have message "Warning! A famine is ravaging your nation!". I think they consume food, but i haven't base and cann't produce food. I even haven't seen my stock on top of screen.
And second bug - message about resources "Not enough resources for shooting" when I command my archers to attack enemies.

I think this bugs a connected with my stocks of recourses. What can I do with this? Because my melee warriors die quick without archers help sad

Hope you help me.
Thanks in advance!

Message edited by Antey42 - Wednesday, 2010-11-24, 1:13 PM

FlameMasterDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-24, 9:16 PM | Message # 56
Archmage
Hi,

I hear your despair.
1) About the Famine - The map would need be revamped. This is because the units are connected to Skirmish Units which consume food. There was a mechanism in patch1.1 that made this impossible - its however absent in the MOD.

2) About the Lack of Ammo - The map would still need to be revamped on basis of this, like add sub-quests that give ammo etc: In the meanwhile this is not possible. This was not a problem in patch 1.1

A fix would be to cheat using "treasure" or "deposits" cheat-code. Press Enter during gameplay and type in the cheat. Campaign fix can make the mod bulky and is usually not attempted. But this issue would be addressed in the upcoming release. Hope this helps till then smile and please don't feel bad for having your gameplay ruined...

Kind Regards
Flame Master

Antey42Date: Wednesday, 2010-11-24, 9:35 PM | Message # 57
Apprentice
Ok, thanks!
I will try cheats today.

But yesterday I find new bug with video: my buildings, hero, troops a was blinked in 3 mission of campaign - sometimes I see them, sometimes not.
It depends on angle of camera and position on map.

But I don't now is this bug or not. I will try this mission in original game and write about results.

FlameMasterDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-24, 9:37 PM | Message # 58
Archmage
But yesterday I find new bug with video: my buildings, hero, troops a was blinked in 3 mission of campaign - sometimes I see them, sometimes not.

Strange! I've never heard of such a bug, I dunno what to say! It has never happened for me though. May I ask about your "Graphics Card and Driver Version"?

Antey42Date: Wednesday, 2010-11-24, 10:13 PM | Message # 59
Apprentice
I attached txt file from dxdiag

I deceived you :)) Yesterday i play in original game, patch 1.1 and there was such bug.
Now i tried in mod and no bug anymore smile

But I have a question about spell tree of life: my hero has limited amount of use in mod unlike the original game.
That's your changes? smile

And were I can see all difference between original and mod?

Attachments: DxDiag.txt (34.2 Kb)

Message edited by Antey42 - Wednesday, 2010-11-24, 10:13 PM

FlameMasterDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-24, 10:17 PM | Message # 60
Archmage
I deceived you :)) Yesterday i play in original game, patch 1.1 and there was such bug.
Now i tried in mod and no bug anymore

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... wink

But I have a question about spell tree of life: my hero has limited amount of use in mod unlike the original game.
That your changes?

Actually its not my brain product - its GSC's, they were saving it up for HoAE 2. Yeah its an intentional change. But you can see the number of spell you can use right?

And were I can see all difference between original and mod?

Its an easter egg inside the game for the mod. Just click on the "mod version number" in the main-menu's top left corner. Voila. The page is not complete....

Forum » Rise of Sols » Suggestions and Discussion » Bugs in version 3.5 (A list of bugs related to version 3.5)
Search:

Forum Legend: |Administrator| |Moderator| |Modder| |Tester| |Banned